MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2012 07:05 PM

Isolation

twinsoul

I'm beginning to isolate myself again. I'm having a setback. I feel like I should keep myself away from people. I have 2 friends, good ones that I can trust, but lately when they ask me to do something with them I turn them down. I feel unlovable and just wrong. I haven't been able to see my therapist in a few weeks due to my work schedule getting all flummoxed. I don't know what to do. Maybe I just needed to vent. I don't know. Thanks for listening...whoever you are.

04/15/2012 07:28 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

Sometimes it does feel better to vent. Sometimes when I feel like that, I will make myself go out one of three times asked, minimum. I'm usually glad I decided to go out once I get to wherever I'm going and feel comfortable. Then again, maybe you just need some time to yourself. Just do what you feel is best for you, and try to get in to see your therapist if you can. I hope you start feeling better! Keep us updated on how you're doing.

images  6  1

04/15/2012 08:26 PM
twinsoul

I will. And thank you for listening. That really means a lot to me.

04/16/2012 05:09 AM
mem6684

Twinsoul, Is there something specific that happened that led you to feel unlovable? From my viewpoint, friendships are hard to find and do take some effort to maintain. Could you tell them how you are feeling?

Sometimes I feel "bad" bc I have bpd. I am not sure if that is what you are feeling but I hope you can see your friends if only for a little while, maybe let them in a bit or simply have some fun/distraction which may help you feel better. I hope your mood improves soon. I know how bad isolation is for the mind and soul.

Petirrojo

04/16/2012 07:34 PM
twinsoul

It's not what my current friends did, it'd what my now former friend did. My current friends love and accept me for who I am, regardless of the BPD. I tried being honest with this former friend, whom I talked out of committing suicide 2 months ago, but he cut me out of his life for BS reasons. His loss. I'm good again!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved