MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/27/2012 02:07 AM

lonliness..or not.

cluckyduck

i feel so alone at most times, even when i reach out for help and support. it feels like i have to explain myself to everyone i come across, so they will have a better understanding of why i act the way i do. feel like i have lost all my relationships, and it feels impossible to create new ones. i guess im just wondering if im the only one who feels like this.

02/27/2012 03:41 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

I don't think it's really something that has to be explained to every person you interact with. It's a disorder, not who you are. Before I started making progress in treatment I would just separate myself from people if I could feel myself getting moody or agitated, and just take some alone time to get some balance back.

02/29/2012 03:36 PM
walkingthru
walkingthru  

I don't have any friends. I have my family, and online acquaintances, but I am horribly lonely. I used to have several friends - not a lot, but at least some - and now, nothing. Part of it is due to the pain I'm in all the time; I often have to cancel plans at the last minute because of my headaches and intolerance for bright lights, strobe lights and noise. People only accept cancellations so often before they start thinking you either don't like them or they get frustrated and stop asking you to do things.

The Internet is my connection to the outside world. I come here to feel like I'm not so alone. My hubby works evenings and other than my grandkids when they spend the night I'm here by myself. I do a lot of sewing and some writing here and there but basically I sit here and either type on the computer or watch TV.

So, you're not alone. I understand where you are.

Wink

02/29/2012 04:49 PM
cluckyduck

Thank you for that Smile

03/01/2012 08:49 AM
WitchWay
WitchWay  

You are definitely not alone. I feel like that all the time. I tend to feel like that last piece of bread that nobody wants.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved