MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2012 10:11 AM

Walking on eggshells with borderline Personalitys

angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

My dad got this book Walking on eggshells by Paul T Mason and Randi Kreger with borderline Personalitys,he doesnt want me to read this book. Being borderline and bipolar myself, i was just wondering if anyone knows if this books dicusses how we as borderlines FEEL, how its a daily struggle just to keep SANE sometime

Iv read some reviews on the book and what its about and to me it seems that we as borderlines are getting a very bad name and get "knocked down".

I might be wrong, maybe its just the borderline talking here

My main question is do they discuss and explain how we feel as a borderline personality person.Although my dad has read this book it still doesnt feel like he really knows what im going thru.

Please can anyone advise?

02/02/2012 06:32 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

It's a book for the loved ones of people with borderline, ways they can deal with our behavior. I don't think you would get much out of it. I've heard one mentioned called "Sometimes I Act Crazy: Living with Borderline Personality Disorder" by Jerold J. Kreisman (he founded one of the first facilities for people with BPD) and Hal Straus.

02/03/2012 12:35 AM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

Thanks Peaches..

02/03/2012 12:38 AM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

The term.I hate you, please dont leave me is really going on in my mind at the moment..Just told a guy to delete me out of his life, becuase he wants a one night stand and he's married, told him im not interested and just want to be friends,now im feeling freaking abandoned.really think im going of my rocket again

02/03/2012 10:40 AM
mem6684

Angelbaby, We DO get knocked down quite a bit. The only book that I know of with compassion and understanding towards those with bpd is The Borderline Personality Disorder Survival Gide by Alex Chapman. You might want to direct your dad (and yourself) to that one.

02/05/2012 10:10 AM
trieditall
trieditallPosts: 42

Hello Angelbaby28, I just went to the library and skimmed many books until I found something that worked for my situation. I liked "Overcoming Borderline Personality" by Valerie Porr M.A. And in my opinion, I think you did the right thing by turning down the married man! We all get lonely, but it says a lot about someone when they don't wreck others families to better themselves. That isn't easy to do when times are tough. If he's a good friend, he'll respect your decision. I hope you find a book that answers your inquiries. I wish you the best, take care!

02/05/2012 11:10 AM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

Thanks tried..i just realized this weekend that they dont have empathy at all for our feelings and what we go thru.yesterday i felt like crying, when i told them i feel like crying i was told i dont have anything to cry about.iv got such issues going on in my head but i cant tell them because now that iv been diagnosed and on the right tablets and according to them im fine.Yes i might look fine but in my head im going nuts!!!!Decided today i will go see the doc on friday so i can see a therapist again.havent seen one since coming out of the hospital in June last year.Iv got so much anger in me i feel like i wanted to explode.really want some boxing gloves because hitting the wall is about the only thing that takes the edge off.but i dont have money as im still unempolyed just cant find a job.Im just sooooo freaking frustrated.sorry i totally went of the topic now.Thanks for listening guys.

Trieditall-looks like he accepted my decision but now not talking to me.guess i got my answer as to what type of friend he is.HE's very pissed off that i said i dont want an affair.Im totally confused as to how he can be upset coz I dont want to have an affair??

02/05/2012 02:04 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

In my opinion, although sleeping with a married person is wrong, the person who would be wrecking the family would have been him, not you. It's a misconception that bugs me, but that's off topic. You're right about him not being a good friend if he's mad about you not making a good decision.

Being told you have nothing to cry about is an example of one of the main ways we get bpd, an invalidating environment, telling us that our feelings aren't okay when it's not anyones place to say what someone else should or should not feel.

I think it's a good thing to try seeing a therapist again. Mine has really helped me a lot.

02/06/2012 02:25 AM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

Thanks Peaches your kind words and understanding means alot to me.Hugs to youSmile

02/06/2012 02:30 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

You're welcome! I also wanted to tell you about a workbook my therapist gave me that is pretty great. It's called "The Food & Feelings Workbook: A full Course Meal on Emotional Health".

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved