MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/09/2011 05:03 AM

feeling detached from myself

mem7478

I feel like i am not even in my body. i think of all the chaos around me all the time. I think i am trying to figure it all out in my mind. I feel like i should be the one to solve this mess(as someone pointed out in my last discussion(topic). like i said i don't feel grounded. it is a wierd, uneasy feeling. i cannot get into all the details of what is happening here or inside of me. But i am majorly triggered and everyone around me is pointing fingers at each other. i know i need to detack but having a hard time doing it. taking off to get out of this apt complex today. hoping that helps.

08/09/2011 05:56 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

It sounds like you experiencing depersonalization which is something similar to dissociation. It is the minds defense mechanism against extreme stress. If you want to feel grounded, try describing the objects around you. That may help. It always does for me. I am glad you are getting away from the apartment complex. Some breathing room may help as well. (((hugs)))

08/09/2011 03:12 PM
islandgirl24
islandgirl24  

I know what you mean- I have a lot of dissociation symptoms- sometimes I feel like I am far away watching what is going on with me- esp. in times of great stress- I feel so numb and detatched- and truthfully a little out there on the edge of sanity- I have been very rageful lately, so either my hub and son go fishing or I go to a solitary beach every evening- it helps to be alone with my thoughts-

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved