MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/16/2011 07:47 PM

Anyone besides me self harm?

JennyLeigh
JennyLeigh  

I recently just started back on my meds and i think they are starting to kick in and really give me side effects. I think the lithium is what is giving me the shakes (tremors) and I almost felt like I could climb the walls yesterday Sad I was so frustrated. I cut my arm and blacked my own eye. My husband just ignored me.....Does anyone else deal with self injury?

07/16/2011 07:54 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

If you are having issues with symptoms or side effects you should tell your pdoc immediately. I don't have issues with self injury in that way though; just wanted to comment on the meds.

images  2

07/16/2011 08:11 PM
JAYEPAWS
JAYEPAWS  

I'm sorry you're going through this like peaches said talk to your doctor. Keep Strong.. the only side effect I have is my foot gets swollen. we are here for you.

JayeWink

07/18/2011 04:03 AM
Sh4282

******TRIGGER WARNING******

I cut when I need the pain to act normally in public. It is more of an anxiety control mechanism than depression, which apparently makes it odd. I did an 18 credit semester, which i finished with no finals (in the hospital) and 5 A's and a B. I was also drinking about a fifth a day and taking muscle relaxers< adderall and narcotic pain pills several times a day for pain related to RA and a neurological disorder ( likely MS or Lymes). All meds were prescribed to me. I also gave myself a mother of a black eye that semester with a single punch. I was so angry and when i get destructive urges, and feel like I just want to crush something pretty...well it sounds ridiculous, but the only pretty thing i ever destroy is myself. One of my younger brothers is a self mutilator, and he's given himself some scary wounds. Mine are private and preserved my way of life when nothing else could. No one knew I was months beyond my breaking point.

Post edited by: peaches261, at: 07/18/2011 04:21 AM

07/18/2011 04:12 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

I understand the need to hit and break things very well. This discussion may help find alternative ways to vent.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/borderline-personality- discussions/general-support/2554122-crisis-panic-list

07/18/2011 07:24 PM
usmcwife
usmcwife  

*****TRIGGER WARNING*****

I haven't SId since my LO was born. Even when I was pregnant I did/ My self esteem was the biggest trigger. I cut many times.

Now when I get really frustrated I'll just like rip up paper, n joke, plain paper. Magazine, newspaper, notebook, whatever lol.

Sometimes when I feel like I could just cut I just STOP and think about the consequences. What if people see. Can't cover ths in the summer. And if anything ever happens between DH and I, he would threaten to use it against me in custody. Well, he already has threatened using the issue against me.

I hope you get help. and I'm sorry you're husband ignored it. THAT SETENCE REALLY PUSHED A BUTTON in me... I hope things get better soon girl.

Post edited by: peaches261, at: 07/18/2011 07:39 PM

07/19/2011 10:00 AM
ductydawn
ductydawnPosts: 1153

my worst is flashbacks, but as a medical opinion,,,,,,,cause the way I feel due to temperatures in the states, I see on the faces of those when I have to go to Wally World, or get my meds,,,,people in line, making the same silly mistakes I am,,,,,,the heat is really getting to people, what do we do, pick up on how others are behaving, what do we do,,,,,,,,some slight discomforting things,,,,,,,I'm in a.c.,,,,,but their behavior is effecting me,,,,,,so I just say, as the medic,,,,,,don't worry, everyone is feeling like it's one of those days, for the past two months,,,,,and I get a smile, because they felt the same,,,,,,,,as me,,,,,????lol,,,,,,just the same,,,,,as someone else, thankfully not me,,,,,in c-ptsd, but brain fogness,,,,,,,make sense anyone?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved