MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/26/2010 12:32 AM

bathroom?

lauri

Can I ask my therapist to let me go to the bathroom when we are allready in the room? Do you think she will let me go and come back? Do you think she will get mad if I ask her to go to the bathroom when we are allready in the room? I never asked her before so if its a one time thing do you think she will let me ? What if she says no and im about to wet my pants should I just go any ways when she tells me no? If I go to the bath room will she let me come back?

12/26/2010 01:03 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

You arent in school, just say "excuse me, I have to use the restroom", and go. She will probably just check her email or something while you are gone....

12/26/2010 01:09 AM
lauri

hahah thanks again peaches sorry my question was kinda dumb. I just didnt know if they get annoyed by those things. and I was not sure if you go to the bathroom if they would say okay go but thats the end of the session then or would they let you come back after the bathroom.

12/26/2010 01:39 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

Its your session as long as the session is supposed to last unless emergency. If you have an hr session, you get the hr, but the time you are in the bathroom is part of that hr. I would suggest getting there early and using the bathroom right before you go in.

12/26/2010 03:04 AM
lauri

no theres a reason i need to go to the bathroom while im in there lol I have a plan lol I can be eviel sometimes can you tell heheheh but its going to be so funny i cant wait. you dont need to know why lol. Yes it is a hour. Thanks.

12/26/2010 03:09 AM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

Honestly, I dont want to seem mean but if you're going to therapy for any other reason than to truly improve yourself and work hard at it then its a waste of time for both of you. Therapy isnt about games, its about doing what you need and want to do to have a better life, and its not going to work if you dont take it seriously and put everything you have into it.....

12/26/2010 08:01 AM
Indubitably
Indubitably  
I'm an Advocate

I agree with peaches. I intend to be a therapist, and I surely won't be interested in playing games. Those hours aren't cheap and you really should be taking advantage of every minute.

Elle

12/26/2010 08:09 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Yes to what Peaches and Indub said. If one would truly need to take a bathroom break, I doubt that any therapist or Dr. would stop you from going. It's a normal bodily function, they realize that, and wouldn't be worth seeing if they'd hold it against you.

On the other hand, playing games could get you thrown out of therapy. It's a waste of your time, the therapist's time, and insurance money or whoever is funding it. It doesn't mean that therapy will never be right for you. It just means that you aren't ready for it or serious about it.

12/26/2010 09:32 PM
lauri

Thanks all three of you I get the seriousness but I LOVE HERRR NOT LIEK THAT IM STRAIGHT AND I JUST GET THIS HIGH SOMETIMES WHEN IM IN HER ROOM I LOVE HAVING HER ATTENTION. WHEN I PLAY WITH HER IT S JSUT FUNNY AND THE WAY MY THERPAIST LOOKS AT ME WHEN I DO IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN IT. IM TRYING TO FIND WHERE SHE LIVES NO LUCK AND NO IM NOT A STLAKER ITS JUST TO SAY HI.

NO HERES MY PLAN ALL HAAHHAHAH IM GOING TO ASK HER WHAT CAR SHE DRIVES AND IF SHE WONT TELL ME ILL SMILE AND BE LIKE EXCUSE ME IN THE SWEETEST VOICE I NEED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM THEN GO CUT MY SELF HAHAHHA AND SEEE IF SHE NOTICES OR SUSPECTS I DID IT AND GO from there and SHOW HER BE LIKE OPPSS HEHEH OR OSEMTHING ELSE IM NOT SURE YET.

I LOVE MY THERPAIST AND SHE LOVES ME SHES MY FRIEND AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY SHE IS MY FRIEND. hahahahhh im a fun person i love therpay NEVER QUITINGGG.

LOVE YOU GUYSSSSSSSSSSSS {: NOT LIEK THAT IM STRAIGHT

12/26/2010 09:39 PM
peaches261
peaches261  
Group Leader

You can not know where your therapist lives. Even if it is to say hi it would still be considered stalking because you are doing it without her permission. A therapist/client relationship is supposed to be healthy and your actions are making it unhealthy. To cut yourself just to see what she does is an unstable act. Have you considered going inpatient? I think it may be a good idea to have some individual care 24/7, and get regulated because the things you are saying and doing are not healthy behaviors. If you are doing these things than you obviously do not really understand what therapy is really for. She is there to help you improve your life, not to hang out and be friends.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved