MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/09/2010 02:13 PM

Meeting with my dad

AmandaVengeance
AmandaVengeance  

It went well. She's is just his girlfriend so he said she wont be around forever. He told me to not dwell on it because she knows what she did was wrong. He already yelled at her about it. All he wants is for me to work on getting better.

Something else happened though this week. I found out my idol Jimmy Sullivan died of an accidental overdose. It's the same way my grandmother died. It hurts so much to think about it. How many more people do I have to lose to this?

06/09/2010 03:54 PM
mem7478

Amanda, Glad your visit went well. And that your feelings are validated by them.

06/09/2010 04:47 PM
Annabeth
Annabeth  

It's not much, but better an accidental overdose than an intentional one.

06/09/2010 07:58 PM
venusenvynyc
venusenvynyc  

I am so glad your father has your back in this conflict. That's great to hear. I'm glad you spoke with him about it.

I'm sorry to hear about the overdose. I disagree with AB; somehow an accidental overdose is even scarier. That may just be because the one time I came closest to killing myself, it was a total accident. Even 7 years later, thinking about that too much kind of terrifies me.

While it's a tragedy that Jimmy Sullivan is gone, he leaves behind a legacy of the music which made him your idol in the first place. Take inspiration from his achievements, and if you can, learn from his mistake. *hugs*

06/10/2010 05:46 PM
AmandaVengeance
AmandaVengeance  

Thank you guys for the support. *hugs venus*

06/11/2010 03:50 AM
Angela2
Angela2  
VIP Member

Amanda, I was wondering how your visit with your Dad went. It's good to hear it turned out well and he doesn't seem that impressed with her since he said she won't be around forever. At least he understands how you feel and that what she did was wrong. All turned out quite well!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved