MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/09/2012 07:11 AM

Wet, Wed., May, 9, 2012

areusam
areusam  

Tongue Good morning Peeps! I was awakened this morning by a phone call from my daughter wanting to know what my plans are for Friday. Really? I am not even awake! The child has had too much coffee this morning! LOL

It is gray again here this morning. I think the Sun is on vacation. I have got to go to my class this morning. Feeling stiff and it will be the only day that I get to go this week.

HockeyMom, You have been on my mind a lot. I hope that you are feeling a little better. You are so blessed to have you little grandson there with you to bring you so much happiness. I am sure although he is a lot of work ( I can only imagine) that he brings such joy. I hope that you do start taking better care of yourself. I started a little at a time. First by getting my hair cut. Then putting on a little makeup and then dressing like I cared. Before Fibro I was always very well dressed and I now take pride in looking well dressed even if I am dressed to go workout or around the house. Even if it is from Walmart it can look nice and believe me, I do have exercise clothes from there!

I could rattle on all day about fashion as that has always been my passion. Funny, I know.

Back to the point. HockeyMom, I do hope that you have a super wonderful day.

Pf, hope that you and Bf have a great day also. Now I am running late.

Need to put on makeup and run dump off my trash before the exercise class.

Super big hugs to you all today.

05/09/2012 08:22 AM
painfooled
painfooled  

im not feelin it today, gals Sad

im afraid i will be hooked up to a heating pad all week at the campground Sad

every day when i wake it hurts, everywhere. dishes need done, more laundry needs done. one cuppa coffee down, one to go. hopefully my eyes will be opened then...i thinkn i am taking mom out today for coldstone creamery and whatever she wants at lane bryant! plus i printed her an 8x10 photo, and got her a card, i just wanna do it today! we had planned on tomorrow after 2 pm

ahh, i have no patience, and sam....about my mum, she is doing very well they are only giving her 4 hours at a time at fashion bug, she found shoes she can wear without it killing her feet, and shes got a whole new wardrobe by this time already!!! haha!

i feel better already, now im going to wash up and head out!

♥

05/09/2012 09:31 AM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

Good Morning!! I am actually up early today (not as early as you early birds) but 9:00 a is good for me. hee hee

PF~ I am sorry you are 'not feeling it' today. I'm sorry you are not well. I hope you have fun camping anyways even if it's just being outdoors for a bit. Or, looking up at the stars through your tent. And I am so happy for Barb. Please say HI for me k? How great that her new job allows for tolerable hours. That's spectacular! And it is very nice of you to do so many nice things for her. I'm sure she will feel loved. And...I am sorry about your family~ was it dad and sister? My sister is very detached from me. She has been ever since my wreck and she puts me down for not being successful anymore. She does not seem to understand or want to. I guess we all must guard our hearts although we want to reach out and like you said "be the bigger person". HM is right~ we must love ourselves and fill our lives with good people and good things that we deserve. Have a better day,luv,ok?

05/09/2012 09:36 AM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

Sammy Sam Sam, I hope your day gets brighter. How awful to be woken up so early! ha ha

I hate that! I've been getting up around noon lately. I'm soo bad. Oh well. la dee da

And very cool about what you said about doing the littl things for yourself one at a time. It's so true. And it takes time. I love fashion too and my big accomplishment for the day is if I actually wash and do my hair. Boy, it feels good when you do though.

Hockymom, I hope you are having a nice day with your grandson. Just take life one minute at a time. Be easy on yourself too. You are wonderful kind generous caring person. Keep that in mind. You are of value no matter how sick you get or feel. I hope you get to "your spot" soon. It sounds like that is very good for you.

Well, I'm going to go have my coffee and maybe maybe go for a walk. We'll see.

Have a splendid day everyone.

05/09/2012 11:42 AM
areusam
areusam  

Oh what a day! Cry! Cry! Cry! I have my lunch in the microwave and them it will be nap time. I did not make it to my class this morning. I went in our pickup truck and it was running running and then the check engine light came on. Then it started jerking and had no power. I pulled over at the fire station and called a tow truck and had to wait an hour for it to arrive. After I got home I put the trash in hubby's car (older than my car) to take it off and to the store to buy him some fake chicken and it is after 2:30 and just getting to lunch.

I still need to get my reservations for tomorrow night and Friday and make my plans. I also needed to cut our grass but hubby said he would do it. Yeah@!

Thank you for listening to my rantin.

PF, I am very happy to hear about your Mom. Sounds like you have a wonderful afternoon planned with her. I know she will enjoy.

Hugs!

05/09/2012 12:16 PM
hockeymom5
hockeymom5  

Lol so... I write this long post this morning on here but it disappeared into MDJ cyber space. I rewrote another post about 30 minutes ago and *POOF* gone again?? Should I start taking this personal? HaHa! Lets try this again? I first want to say- PF- what a beautiful blessing you are to your mom! You are a good and kind daughter and you will definitely bring a BIG smile (and tears to her eyes) on Mothers Day! Sam- Your daughter has got to be bursting knowing that youre going to be there with her on such an important day, she seems soooo excited to have you there! Such an accomplishment Smile You did well! Today I am cleaning house... Slowly.. HaHa turtles move faster, I promise. Ive washed the cushions covers on the sofa and loveseat. 2 loads of laundry and scrubbed a corner of the livingroom floor on my hands and knees. thats it. We are having company and I am trying to get my house polished and this is what Ive accomplished so far? Eek! Long ways to go! Its another rainy day in paradise. This prednisone gives me this AWFUL taste in my mouth... Ewww! Okay, I really need to get moving... LOTS to do... {{{{HUGS}}}}

05/09/2012 12:22 PM
painfooled
painfooled  

ok it only took til 3 pm, til i feel a little better, having some yams i made the other day, for a snack before i make some french toasters for sweets & I for lunch, i have to work up the strength to make the french toast, i did a load of dishes, well 3/4 of a load, then soaked some more in the sink.

mom was taking a nap when i got ahold of her, so were doing her thing i described to you tomorrow. i am glad tho, cuz once i got off the phone w her, i realized just HOW crappy i felt!

i still do, but sweets i think feels worse! poor guy!

i am coming up with tons of ideas of what to do on vaca! i am going to try to build a purse, from a pair of old jeans, maybe a pair of red capris, too. but i would just love to fit back into those!!!! so i wont slaughter them! i am however going to look thru my salvation army box, to see if there are any colors i wanna use Smileand i will need to bring along some pins! this is going to be too fun, and yes, hand stitched!

super excited, also i bought a pen and ink set, and it can be used with gouache and water color in addition to ink, i am going to have some fun.

for now french toasters coming right up Smile

♥

bf9 sorry i missed u Sad we can talk again soon i hope.

♥ megan

05/09/2012 01:55 PM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

Oh, Sam...that stinks! I hate car problems. It sounds like you had it all under control though. That's good. And, you probably got to see some cute firemen as well. ha ha Wink

I went to my mother's house to work out today. I only did 3 minutes on the elliptical. That's all I could do! and about 5 minutes on the bike. I am so out of shape and my muscles are weak from this damn fibromyalgia. I really tried though. Now I have to see if it will land me in bed for the next day or two. We'll see. I wish I could power exercise like I used to. Sad

PF~no worries. We'll catch up soon. Smile Hope you enjoyed your french toasters.

HM~Hope your cleaning went well. Have a great day!

Talk to you all later.

05/09/2012 06:16 PM
areusam
areusam  

No cute firemen. We live in the country so we have a volunteer fire department so if your house catches on fire they have to call everyone! Funny, huh? No one was at the firehouse that I saw. They do have Tuesday night Bingo and the place is packed then!

BF, good for you for exercising! Every little bit helps. Hopefully, it won't land you in bed.

HockeyMom, Sorry that you lost your posts in cyberspace. Cry! Cry!

Oh, I know what you mean about moving slowly. I get so frustrated because I will clean like crazy half a day and look around and it looks the same! It is disheartening but I just think what it would look like if I did not do anything.

We have had a change in plans for our daughter's graduation. We will be driving down Friday afternoon and driving back after the ceremony and into the night. That way her Dad can be there.

I did find some leftover cookie dough in the fridge from last weekend's cookies so we had pizza for dinner and cookies for dessert. How is that for a balanced diet?

Hope that you all have a restful night.

Hugs.

05/09/2012 07:28 PM
hockeymom5
hockeymom5  

Sam- That sounds just like where I live!!!! Many many years back, before we had an ambulance barn with 24/7 paramedics, I had to drive myself to the hospital that is 30 minutes away during an asthma attack... With all 3 kids with me.. Ages 3,6.7... Lol! Quite a ride that was! Anways- I am happy that your husband is able to go to your daughters graduation also!! Certainly worth celebrating! I feel so accomplished today.. My house is sparkley clean- well atleast the middle floor Smile Savannah cleaned the basement nicely too. All I want finished tonight are two of the bathrooms! I know I will pay HELL for this for the following days to come, but... My house desperately needed the attention. The daily straightening here and there just wasnt enough. My next house is going to be one story only and smaller! Oh I also have the staircase going up to finish.. We shall see about that...This is the very most physical work that I have done in a long time! I even washed almost all of the bedding, minus Kays. She does that herself! PF- I hope you are feeling okay this evening! Hopefully rest up tonight so you can enjoy tomorrow. I think purse making sounds like an awesome project! If we lived closer I would have a lot of material I could give to you! I have crates of clothing I KNOW I will never fit back into again. BF9- I hope youre having an awesome night! Good for you for working out at your moms! 3 minutes is a lot better than zero. I hope you dont have days of paying for it I once tried explaining to a Dr I had a year ago when he started talking to me about how I need to get out and exercise and how it would hurt a little but in the end I would feel so much better- I was an athlete beofre this fibro. I loved the feeling of the burn when I pushed myself... But this pain was/is so much different than a burn. And 10 minuted of exercise may take 5 days to recover. Please be careful. Well ladies- I hope you are enjoying a lovely evening with very minimal pains! Smile {{{{HUGS}}}}

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved