MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/26/2012 01:59 AM

Thursday, April 26th

butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

I can't think of anything that rhymes or likens to Thursday except for maybe, Thankful.

Today I am thankful for many things. For one, I am thankful for each of you! You are each gems to me and I am so thankful to have our little group. I am thankful for the friends that continue to stand by my side through the good and the bad-the ones that encourage and share in my happiness and accept my imperfections/or bad days. I feel like I am on an upswing lately. I have so many goals, things I want to do, beginning now. I hope I can accomplish them.

Yesterday, I went walking with a friend. We're going to make a weekly practice of it. And, I want to hopefully make it a daily thing. Sam, I am inspired by you.

I also have a business idea I've been tossing around lately. A lady that is the caretaker for one of my neighbors approached me about opening a caregiver business with her. I super want to do it but I have so much to learn yet. I've been trying to do research and learn about what it would take to open one. Cross your fingers for me ladies. If this doesn't work out...I will have to think of something else. But, I am so motivated to do something to better my life. I don't want to be on food stamps forever. I feel I deserve better. So, starting a business would be a great place to begin.

I hope you all have a Lovely Thursday. I'm thinking of you all. Take time out today to smell the roses as they say and "cease the day". Smile

ttys

04/26/2012 03:40 AM
hockeymom5
hockeymom5  

Good Morning BF! What a marvelous idea. I would suggest you read up on your insurance laws. I'm sure there a lot to learn. Like anything else. But I think it would be quite a venture. I wish you lots of luck! Great outlook on life!! I'm sitting in the dark this morning... Our electricity went out right after I poured my first cup of coffee this morning... No idea how long I will be sitting in the dark? Hmmm... What to do? Well my baby grandson will get to see his dad(dy) in a few weeks. He hasnt seen him since he was 5 weeks old. He is almost 16 months old now. He moved back to his home state right after the baby was born. He just wasnt ready to be a dad. But my daughter kept him updated thru the months and theyve built up a friendship and we've all had time to forgive. So he will be staying here for 2 weeks. I pray it goes well. Well I am rambling so I will check back later. LOLl!

04/26/2012 07:35 AM
painfooled
painfooled  

bf9 & hockey mom, hello lovelies Smile

bf that sounds like a great endeavor, and yes, i agree with your sentiment, i dont want to be on food stamps forever, either... one more semester down for me and 3 more to go!!! i will be done next year at this time. whoooo-hooo.

also a whooo---hooooo for your upswing in moods, and motivation, isnt that great, just dont let yourself go past that point, with bipolar, you know what i mean.

i was getting there and my doc he increased my abilify from 15 to 30 mg and asked me to switch it to night time dose.

i hope you stay on top of things and make lots of progress...walking is a good start to the exercise. i need to certainly get out more. it is hard to do my little exercises when i hurt to begin with when i wake up Sad

i am thankful, tho, for the food stamps and the aide i get through my health insurance, or i would be in such a worse off position.

this is my first day off OF EVERYTHING!!! soon we will be starting up a new bowling league (in which i will only wear patterned tanks or black to hide the sweat, thta place gets way too hot in the summer) and then have our banquet for the bowling league that will be ending soon

am i ever going to shut up?

i better. ttyl gals!!!

♥ megan

04/26/2012 10:37 AM
areusam
areusam  

Good afternoon Peeps! I thought that this picture was fitting. It was from a contest that the Washington Post held. It was called "Royal Wedding" it is in honor or our dear PF!

[img]

I am waiting on hubby to wake up from his nap. He gets up about 6 every morning and works while I sleep. We are going out to lunch for my Birthday because we stayed home this weekend with the doggie. This morning I went by the vet to get a new antibiotic. We sent off a urine sample to check to make sure she was on the right one and sure enough she was not so now she has a new med. So the infection can clear up! Yeah!

Let's see, so much to talk about today. If I miss anything I will post later.

Butterfly, I think the business venture sounds like a wonderful idea. I have always heard that you should find something you love doing and figure out how to make a living doing it! I do not have experience in it but I would think to do lots of internet research. I am sure there is a lot of information out there. Maybe even work for a company for a while to see how it is run. Stay motivated!

And thank you for the compliment of saying that I inspire you. I appreciate it so much.

HockeyMom, at least you got your coffee poured! Hope that the electricity is back on. We really miss it when it goes out. It seems like time stands still! It is nice that your daughter is staying in contact with your Grandsons Daddy. That is very mature of her. Sometimes relationships just don't work out but atleast you have that perfect little guy! I know he means the world to you.

PF, enjoy your time to relax! Now, take a deeep breath! Doesn't that feel good? Now, do it again! Hope that you get your meds worked out.

I think I read something in one of the other postwhere someone said something about no energy. and I understand. Truthfully, the only reason I have energy is because of the adderal that the doctor put me on. I do not know why doctors do not use it more on Fibro patients. I still have not caught up with my housework but hubby says that I am doing a lot more than I was before. The only thing is that I do have days where the pain is just horrible because I do more than my body can handle. This morning if I could have I would have stayed in bed. I hurt like crazy in the morning and late in the evening. However, I know the day will come when he will take me off of it and I do not know what will happen then. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Oh, while I was rambling. I wanted to say that I had a really nice small wedding. The only regret I had was of course it was pre digital days. Hubbys Step father said no problem, don't pay someone to take pictures he would do it and his sister said she would also do it. Well, we have one blurry shot of my father walking me down the isle. Bummer!

I am done rattling on. Better go get dressed to go for my Birthday lunch. Have a wonderful days, Peeps!

Hugs.

04/26/2012 10:38 AM
areusam
areusam  

Sorry, don't know why it did not post in the first post.

Post edited by: areusam, at: 04/26/2012 10:39 AM

04/26/2012 11:22 AM
hockeymom5
hockeymom5  

Adderol? Can you tell me about it? Whats it used for? I seem to have zero energy all of the time. Showering totally exhausts me... I have a terrible time just trying to keep up with simple chores around the house. i would love to find a med that gives me a little boost.. Sam- I hope your pup starts feeling all better very soon!

04/26/2012 02:27 PM
areusam
areusam  

I will send you a PM.

04/26/2012 05:33 PM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

Hi ladies! Thanks for the encouragement on the business idea. I'm really hoping it comes to fruition.

Good idea on reading up on the inusrance laws, Hockeymom. I'm sure that will come in handy. And I'm sorry you were sitting in the dark this morning. And good for your daughter. It's great that she's staying friends with the ex. I'm sure your grandson will benefit from that.

PF~You go girl! You're amazing with school etc. And, I knwo what you mean...I would be nowhere without foodstamps and public assistance (SSI) etc. I just feel so guilty being on it. I know that sounds silly but I guess I'm more worried about what others might think. Stupid, I know! But, also, I want to be successful, have something to do, help people, and make some money while I'm at it. We'll see, there is a lot to work out.

Sam, super cute picture of the "Peeps". I love that! And, it's a good thing that you have something that helps you have more energy. Like you said, cross that bridge when you get there. Just enjoy it for now.

Well, I'd better run. I have dinner plans. Everyone, have a great night! TTYS

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved