MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/26/2011 12:40 PM

Just Checkin In

butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

How's everyone doing? Just thinking of you all. I hope you are having a good mood free, pain free, happy day.

I'm always here if any of you need to talk.

And I am wishing you all the best.

BF9

11/13/2011 10:12 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

Hi BF9. I'm doing ok. Having issues with my xanax. It was a rough week and will be even a rougher two without it. I hope I do better this week. How is everyone else doing?

11/25/2011 12:04 AM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

Did you get your issues with your xanax resolved?

12/09/2011 01:51 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

I am getting it under control. I was having a rough time at my dad's and I accidentally on purpose took too much and ended up having to go two or three weeks without it because I ran out. I moved from his house back to my mom's in Florida and she was scared I was going to overdose so she was regulating it for me for a little while. But I have it back now and I'm trying to mind how I take it and only take it as needed. The only bad part is I've built up quite a tolerance to it. How are you doing?

12/09/2011 08:55 PM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

I'm so sorry to hear that Brandi. I know the pain can be great and the meds sometimes stop working. I'm sorry you went through that but glad you only take it as needed now.

Life can get tough but never never never give up! I hope you are havign an easier time now.

As for me, I'm doing fine. I've been in a lot of pain past few weeks. I'm having abdominal pain on top of the fibromyalgia. It's been pretty severe so my dr's are doing a lot of tests.

Other than that, I've just been spending time with friends and trying to keep up my holiday spirit. Wishing I could avoid the fam this year. But, I will survive.

Have a wonderful Christmas and pm me anytime if you just want to or need to talk. bf9

12/11/2011 02:29 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

I have a feeling Christmas is going to be kind of depressing this year. No one in my family seems really excited about it. We're all kind of having a hard time. I'm hoping when I see this new doctor on the 20th she'll give me some pain medication. I've been miserable pain wise. That's good that you're hanging out with friends. Most of mine are too busy for me or just in general don't care. I don't really have a true friend.

12/12/2011 09:44 AM
butterfly9
butterfly9  
Group Leader

I'm sorry to hear that. I for a long time had no real friends either. A lot of them abandoned me after I got sick. I joined a support group though and met some really loving caring people in the same boat. Maybe you can try that? I sure hope your Christmas picks up soon. Don't let it get you too down. It is just another day.k?

bf9

12/13/2011 01:59 AM
hedap

Hey Brandi,

Hope things are going a little better for you. It's so terribly heartbreaking when friends drop away bc you can't participate in the same activities anymore. I am so sorry for your loss. As rough as things are I know you have family that cares for you and that is the most important thing. We are all your friends here. So count me as one. I know it's not the same thing as being able to hang out and do things together, but we're here for you emotionally, spiritually and physically.

hugs, heather

12/13/2011 08:09 AM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

Thanks guys. The worst thing is I really don't have my family. My dad has basically disowned me. Everyone else tells me to stop claiming all these illnesses and snap out of it. They don't get it or understand so I really am alone.

12/13/2011 11:42 PM
Iam1ShadyLady
Iam1ShadyLady  
I'm an Advocate

I really can't stand misinformed, uncaring people. Sorry brandi, not trying to talk bad about your family, but it just makes me mad. Life is too short!!!

I hope they wake up and smell the coffee and they change their attitude. Until then you have us and we love you!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved