MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/14/2010 03:37 PM

Canibas study(page 3)

santos63
santos63  

I think it originated from 2 herniated discs that I had in 2004. But I'm waiting for a call from Dr. G to get more info. Will keep it posted. Smile

04/14/2010 07:05 PM
daniel
daniel  

Anna speaking from experience, once a disk has slipped unfortunately it's prone to re-injury. Are you seeing a chiropractor? Some relief can be found by lying on your back with a pillow under your knees as it relieves the pressure from the disk. You can also lie on your side with a pillow between your knees. Especially at this time use your knees and prevent any back bending. Rest that back as much as possible. I imagine your getting spasms, so remember when they start it's vital to stop because you've already gone to far. Moist heat gave me some relief but don't over do it as you will become accustom to it and it will lose it's benefit. Even a heating pad may help but again don't fall asleep on it. You can talk to your doctor about what I'm going to suggest as nutritional supplements and I'm sure he will agree. It sure wont hurt and can only help.

Vitamin C, with bioflavonoids, 1000mg

Vitamin E, with mixed tocopherols, 400 IU

Bromelain, 500 mg twice daily

Vitamin B complex, 50 mg twice daily

B12 sublingual tablet, 100 mcg

Reasons are C will help heal the disk and help with the inflammation, E will repair the tissue damage and works for the flare also. B will help calm the nerves and heal them. Bromelain is a well known anti-inflammatory.

As far as tissue salts that I had mentioned earlier, here's just a few suggestions:

Ferr phos for acute pain and swelling

Kali phos for sharp pain even when remaining still

Mag phos for severe spasms in which you get relief from heat, cold or touching worsens

Nat sulph for times when any movement is painful and no relief from any position

Hope you get some relief. When going for the needles make sure someone drives you there and back my friend. Keep an eye on the side-effects, they should inform you and find out what drugs they will interfere with, if you haven't already. Take care!

Gentle hugs, Daniel

04/15/2010 11:52 AM
santos63
santos63  

Thanks Daniel, for the tips. I already do most of them.Except for the vitamins and chiropracter. I am one of the unfortunates that does not have medical insurance.

I did briefly talk to Dr. G last evening, he told me the compression is from a bulging disc. We will discuss treatment options at my next visit.

04/17/2010 03:57 AM
daniel
daniel  

Ana sorry to hear about the lack of medical insurance. It's such a fine line between using the back so it doesn't seize and over doing it. Be really careful my friend. Range of motion but stop when it hurts, don't over extend. Coming from there I respect the pain you're going through. There's a point that bed rest is a must but, then there's also the need to start moving gradually and carefully. That's often when good anti's, pains meds, and spasm relievers are necessary but, be careful as they can mask the damage you will do.

There are definitely some different approaches and thanks to modern science we've come a long way. You may be a very good candidate for Devil's Claw, it's not expensive at all and you may get a lot of relief from it. I've so far heard of no bad reactions to it except if you have gallbladder problems. Just a caring suggestion, I'll be praying for you. Please keep us informed, go easy on that body, be tender on that beautiful mind and remember be gentle on that lovely heart!

04/17/2010 07:43 AM
santos63
santos63  

I wrote down the Devil's claw on my list.I rarely go to the Foothills of Yuma, but that is where the only health store is. The only time I really stay in bed is when I'm in so much pain that I can't take the pain standing or sitting. I do try to get to the park daily, as much for my mental health as for physical health. Have a great day. Smile

04/19/2010 04:28 AM
daniel
daniel  

Thanks, if you have a Walmart or a drug store you should be able to get some there in the meantime. Just a less expensive and quick trial to see if it works. The quality may not be exactly the same but the concentration should be enough to know if it will help. Of course my beautiful friend it's just a mild suggestion. Did I ever tell you that I find you always so polite? I hope things work out for you soon,I'll be thinking and praying for you today. Please be gentle on that back.

04/19/2010 08:02 AM
santos63
santos63  

I didn't even think about walmart as a source to get it. I have to go out in a bit, so will check at Walmart. Thank You. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved