MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/30/2010 01:38 PM

New to Group!!

carnesj15

I am excited I found a support group with people that will understand what I deal with!! I really just need a place to vent and get things off of my chest! I was diagnosed being bi-polar at age 14 and am now 25 but have been dealing with symptoms as long as I can remember. Have been on 6 different medications, more psychologist, psychiatrist, and counselors than I can count. But still deal with the issues every single day. The meds do help and the talking helps as well. Now they are saying that I am ADD also!! I have a 4 yr old that is showing all the signs and symptoms of having early onset bipolar disorder! My husband and I are currently arguing over taking him to a psychologist!! I have been going through a lot of ups and downs over the past couple of months and am currently in a depressed mode!! I am glad that I found a support group!!!

06/30/2010 06:10 PM
flyingncrashing
flyingncrashing  

Welcome, here you will meet many friends who acutally get it. Since I've found this spot it has become like a second home to me. Good luck with your husband on taking your son to a pdoc. The earlier the better, right? You will find that you will learn a lot here. I thought I'd read it all on bipolar and maybe I did but nothing can take the place of real people and their experiences. Good luck to you and take care. T.

06/30/2010 06:17 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm excited you found us too! There are so many helpful, caring, and supportive people here. You are going to like it. Post about whatever. Your feelings, questions and reply to other posts too. We learn a lot from everyone's experiences.

I hope you can come to the decision to take your child to the psychiatrist. Catching it early would be a very good thing. I suffered my whole life with this illness and wish someone would have had me checked out when I was young. I wish you luck and hope to see you around here a lot. Stay strong. Hugs

06/30/2010 07:07 PM
carnesj15

Thank you both so much!! I plan on being around a lot!! I also hope to learn so much more than I already know about bipolar!! And I agree that infromation just can not take the place of real people and what they have expierienced!! Hope to get to know both of you and it is nice to meet you!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved