MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/18/2012 09:07 AM

apathy

lken
lken  
VIP Member

apathy is how feel sometimes, seems to come about when i am going down, no need for being, just a struggle to walk and be around, i use to wonder what it meant when i did not care, usually i am into everything, life is so exciting , just being me. with a clear mind, i can anything, nothing seems hard, when apathetic feelings come around, seems not to be a purpose.

02/18/2012 10:22 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern. Thats me alot of the time..no interest in playing my guitar anymore. I loved doing that. I did buy 2 cameras this past week and am using them but I wonder when that interest will fade. This happens to me alot.

Post edited by: Bangbang, at: 02/18/2012 10:22 AM

02/18/2012 11:30 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

i use to change my interest every week, it was looking for the answer, why was i going down hill, it is like a slippery rope, keep pulling and going no where, pulling myself out of the hole. looking for the light

02/18/2012 04:44 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

I can remember when I was bored I would go to the library and scan the books shelves till some subject just jumped out at me and then I would dive in. I would be obsessed with it for awhile and then jump to someting else. My whole life has been like this.

02/18/2012 08:36 PM
pain2836
pain2836  

I know the feeling I tend to jump from one thing to another. I don't know if i will ever find something that i will actually stick with. I have found joy in a lot of things but then grow bored or just no longer care. I am still trying to find myself but it seems like if I can't just have a little time to think really think not just the rambling thoughts that go through my head I might have a better chance. Plus I know I need to start feeling something but not caring is so much easier.

02/19/2012 04:32 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have apathy a lot of the time, but mainly when i'm feeling 'low' i just don't care about anything or even myself, i think i 'shut down' my feelings/emotions too at that point. I get this periodically and I hate it.

Post edited by: Dit, at: 02/19/2012 04:57 AM

02/19/2012 07:15 AM
Silverclaw
Silverclaw  

I feel that way a lot too. I only do because it's that or boredom, but when I'm low it's so bad that I just sleep. When I'm hypo or manic I can't have or do everything I want to. Everything is pleasure! But if that's not involved then I'm very apathetic all the time.

02/19/2012 09:58 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

that is why i get on mdj, to get myself out of myself, well anyway to dig in myself a lot, better to do here than just inside my head, i get a little obsessive, well a lot of obsessive sometimes, wondering why.

02/19/2012 10:25 AM
Enigma1969
Enigma1969  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I feel apathy when I come down from a hypomania cycle. I just don't care about things - just indifferent. As a matter fact, that is basically feel at the moment. This to will pass, though.

02/19/2012 11:37 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

i get very little of the apathy now, after getting so much stress off my back, which a lot was self generated.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved