MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/16/2012 07:03 AM

I have not been on here in a long time...

Lesita16

Hello all,

The last time I was on this site, I wasn't doing all that well. I decided to really work on myself to get through the rough patch. While I still have my moments, I have come a long way. I am extremely proud of myself and hope this encourages all of you that are still struggling to never give up.

Alexa

Post edited by: Lesita16, at: 02/16/2012 07:04 AM

02/16/2012 08:34 AM
dugg
dugg  

good for you! welcome back and thanks for sharing a story of success- you should be proud- well done!

02/16/2012 09:46 AM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

Way to go Alexa! I think one of the most rewarding, yet most difficult task is self discovery and improvement- it's so easy to just remain idle and just "survive"- to thrive is the real reward. Thanks for your inspirational post and so glad you are doing better! This is one heck of a journey we are all on- one foot in front of the other... Welcome back!

02/16/2012 10:35 AM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
VIP Member

Alexa, I think it is so important to see posts from people who've had success in managing their bipolar disorder. Thanks for sharing!

02/16/2012 11:56 AM
Lesita16

Thank you.

Yes, I agree that success stories are important. When I first began posting here, I wasn't myself at all. I was on medication my body wasn't handling well and my self-esteem plummeted to the floor. I'm usually a positive and well put together type of person but my last episode really did a number on me. No one on my end understood what I was going through which is why I joined this site. After a while of reading my own posts, I began to notice that I, myself, didn't understand who I had become. I decided to apply my education and past experiences to make a plan for myself. It was slow at first but then it all fell into place. I now walk with a weighted vest at least 60-90 mins a day, I eat better and smaller portions, I finished school, found a creative outlet, discovered new hobbies, and began writing poetry again. I have finally gotten back to where I recognize myself once more and I love it! Smile

Thank you all for your response, encouragement, and compliments.

Post edited by: Lesita16, at: 02/16/2012 11:58 AM

02/16/2012 12:46 PM
Enigma1969
Enigma1969  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That is great that you are doing well. I agree with everyone about success stories. We are proud of you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved