MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/27/2011 03:00 PM

At my wits end

sharon71
sharon71  

I've had a mixed episode (mostly manic) for a month now. I went to my pdoc who up'd my dose of seroquel (which is still minimal at 50mg). I have been getting very little sleep & now that I'm on the new dose I've been a zombie the past 2 days. I'm sure my body needs it & I do overall feel better. The racing thoughts have subsided. My issue is my 18 yr old daughter & her 22 mth old son. They live with me in my apartment. She is having some difficulties with her son's father's mother. I just stay out of it because the issues are so petty is not worth me getting upset. However she is slamming doors, letting my grandson bang on my bedroom door, scream, etc. She just screams back & I can hear her cussing under her breath. Mainly because she is resenting my need for sleep. I've asked her more than once today to please keep it quiet. I've explained to her my medication & how my body reacts to it only to be met with rolling eyes & blowing. It's all I can do not to slap her right across the face for her disrespect. I'm soooo tired & feel zombie'ish. I NEED SLEEP. Outside of starting a war over here what other options do I have? I've asked her to have the baby's father pick up my grandson to spend some time over there but she doesn't want that. She doesn't want to go anywhere to give me some quiet time. It seems like she's resenting my need to sleep. Please give me some advice on how to handle this. I'm so close to having a panic attack. My heart is racing & I'm sweating because of the anxiety. PLEASE HELP!

05/28/2011 08:22 AM
sharon71
sharon71  

MissHildy: Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't know if I was going to make it through yesterday. (Whew!) We had a long talk this morning about her behavior & how it was unappropriate especially given how badly I needed to rest. She apologized & we agreed that when I need to rest then she will take the baby to his dad's house for a visit. She needs a break from him too so we agreed that it would benefit her as well. Trust me, a cheap hotel definitely came to mind yesterday! I just don't want her to think she can "run me off" everytime she wants to be selfish. Lord knows I can't afford that! Today I AM going to invest in a pair of earplugs Smile ....I really don't like taking the Seroquel. I don't like feeling like a zombie yet it is the only medicine that stops the racing thoughts. Sad

05/29/2011 06:25 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

Your body will probably adjust rapidly to the new dose of Seroquel. I had to up mine now that I'm heading into spring (my hypomanic time) and it took a few days to adapt but I feel fine now, so hopefully you will too. It will really help if you are able to sleep as much as you need to. Smile

05/29/2011 07:52 PM
sharon71
sharon71  

MissHildy - thank you Smile

Catbaloo - I do hope my body adjusts to the Seroquel. It is still making me really tired. My pdoc said that I might end up gaining weight with this medicine. Have you found that to be true? Lord knows weight gain won't do my depression any good!

05/29/2011 08:15 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

just hope the seroquil keeps working. My pdoc has upped my seroquil 3 times in the past month and a half. I just don't think it's working anymore. As for weight gain, I found if my mind is better then my body generally follows. Besides, It's who you are, not what you are that matters the most. Don't worry about the pounds when you're depressed or such. Worry about your mind and soul.

05/30/2011 11:03 AM
sharon71
sharon71  

Thank you Edyn. I like that "It's who you are, not what you are that matters the most". I have to keep telling myself that! I hope you're pdoc can adjust your seroquel dose so you can feel the effects!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved