MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/02/2011 11:23 PM

Just found out i cant see my pdoc till april!

Spooky
Spooky  

Cant see my pdoc till april! i have no insurance or income yet, so i have to go to the only place near me that has pay scaling, that place, was great. had an awesome therapist, and an ok psychiatrist. Then i lost her, just as i started to open up, she left to go do some group counseling or some shit. so then i was put on a list, a waiting list. then i got to see my pdoc, he prescribed me the depakote, didnt turn out great... it made me overly irritable and blow up on people. i felt great for about 4 days, felt almost normal, then it just stopped working or something, because i started blowing up on people. Bipolar feels like its just getting worse, i NEED a therapist, i NEED a psychiatrist! Anyway, then they say they are waiting till they hire a new therapist, then another therapist quit. i just asked called today and i cant get an appointment with a therapist yet, they asked a bunch of embarrassing questions, like what my problems were, i told the lady in charge of "the list" my symptoms were bipolar then she asked "why is it extreme enough to NEED a therapist?" "do you intend on doing harm to others or yourself?" god! everything keeps getting worse and i dont know of any programs or anything. its just i have no meds and no therapist to talk to and its my family that suffers... i dont know, does this happen, is this ridiculous?

02/03/2011 04:36 AM
nvrsubtle
nvrsubtle  
I'm an Advocate

That sucks that you are in a place in which you have no therapist, pdoc, insurance, or income. I hate that you have to wait until April. I don't how I would survive in your situation. I guess I would have to get by. I wonder if there is pdoc in the area that would consider seeing your and would make a change to their policy and work with you on the no insurance or income thing. Probably not because there are very few doctors that are willing to work for less than that they can get from people with insurance. However, I know there is a pdoc here that has adjusted their rates IF people without insurance ask in which he only charges what insurance pays. It is worth a try to ask all they can say is NO. You and your situation are in my thoughts and I hope that something will work out for you.

02/03/2011 04:37 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am sorry that you are having problems getting into see a psychiatrist, that really sucks when you need the help now.You can go to www.nami.org and www.dbsa.org to look for support groups in your area, This may help you get by until you can get in to see a therapist. I hope this helps.

02/03/2011 08:10 AM
brneyegirl

I was going to suggest talking to your regular doc in the mean time while waiting to get in. I think Amanda's suggestion of the support groups in your area is a great idea too. Hang in there I know things are overwelming for you right now, but they will get easier.

02/03/2011 08:20 AM
jenny1978
jenny1978  
VIP Member

That is really bad that you have to wait so long. I'm sorry that you are not medicated, but please feel free to talk to us or vent when you need to. That's what we are here for is to support each other. I lived for many years with bipolar before I got diagnosed and I self medicated with drugs, but once I got diagnosed, I stopped the drugs. That is definitely not the route to go. Just talk to your family about your situation and hopefully yall can talk about your triggers and they can help you with that. Maybe when you get mad, you should just walk away instead of just blowing up. Tha's what I use to do. If I felt that I was about to say or do something bad, I would just walk away. I'm here to support you. Feel free to PM me if you want to or need to! I'm here for you!

02/03/2011 09:53 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Try to get an apt. with your regular family doctor is possible, they can prescribe psych. meds too i don' know if this is possible for you or now. I trust things will work out for you and i'm so glad to see you reaching out here, we care.

02/03/2011 05:36 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I would go to your family doctor in the meantime, they can prescribe you something while you are waiting to get in to see a psychiatrist. This is really a bummer that you are having to wait so long to get in. I'm sorry this is all happening. You have already waited a long time. Keep trying to get in sooner. Get on a cancellation list or something. You need a therapist, they need to understand this. I hope you can get in to see one sooner rather than later.

02/05/2011 08:24 PM
Spooky
Spooky  

thats the problem, i have no insurance or family doctor. cant really see any of them.... im just kinda stuck with severe symptoms till then...

02/05/2011 09:09 PM
beckist

This is bullsh!t! People who are bummed out about stupid stuff can get in, but not people with actual problems. Insurance? OK I'll shut up. I'll pray for ya.

02/06/2011 12:31 AM
Spooky
Spooky  

Thank you

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved