MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/18/2011 06:36 PM

rapid cycling? HELP!!!

chickenoftomorrow
chickenoftomorrow  

Am I rapid cycling? I think so but i don't know - i have never done this this way before.

So I spend half-a day to a day becomming increasingly wired eating next to nothing almost repulsed at the sight and smell of food, tweeking on this or that, obsessing and stuff, etc...then I get hungry but am too stomach sick to eat then i straight pass out like i'm dead or something, unwakeable for a day or day and a half, then do it all over again - this has been going on for like a week - i never see my bf who i share a bed and studio apartment with and i'm fucking exhausted! HELP!!!

01/18/2011 10:49 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It could be, I would call the good old psychiatrist. This doesn't seem right at all. You actually are out for a day to a day and half? Something must be going on with your medications, they don't seem to be working very well. Maybe you need an adjustment. That would drive me up the wall going through that. I hope you can get in to see your psychiatrist. Let us know what comes of this and I hope you start to feeling better!

01/19/2011 01:23 AM
mem4809

Do you have a history of having an eating disorder? It could be that as well...mixed with a hypomanic state. I would try to get something in you in the morning to prevent feeling sick later on in the day. When I am like that I just consider food as medication and make myself eat something, usually an oatmeal bar or a power bar, cereal...something like that helps me and prevents me from feeing faint later on.

01/19/2011 03:33 AM
Lisacomisa
LisacomisaPosts: 903

Have you stopped any of your meds. It could be withdrawal. I hope you get this resolved it sounds awful. I would call my pdoc and see what he/she says. I wouldn't want to suffer too long if there is a med adjustment that could fix this. Try to eat something anything. Drink gatorade too. I hope you feel better soon.

Post edited by: Lisacomisa, at: 01/19/2011 03:33 AM

01/19/2011 04:12 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If it were me I would call the psychiatrist right away, it sounds like it could be either a bad reaction to a med or like Lisa said it could be withdrawl if you have stopped any meds recently.

01/19/2011 04:53 AM
chickenoftomorrow
chickenoftomorrow  

i haven't changed anything in my meds at all - i have a shrink appt comming up in a couple of days so i'll see him then - i just wondered if i was "rapid cycling" - i have never had an eating disorder but i have weight issues from the medication i take and desperately want to loose weight and my thinking around food has been becomming increasingly unhealthy lately - i honestly feel like i'm taking speed every other day - maybe my blood sugar is being throw off...i was once diagnosed borderline diabetic but was not advisedal st how to take care of it...my moods are all crazy, my behaviours are more negative and destructive and desperate (i cut for the first time in YEARS last week) - idk shit's not working - i'll report back after the doc if i make it that far - i may need a hospital stay to re-orient my schedule and habits again i'm so far off...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved