MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/29/2010 11:10 AM

Hypomania/Mixed Episode?

capecod84
capecod84  

I am not exactly sure what I have been going through lately but my mood is not good. I have had a number of stressors in my environment along with chronic pain due to RSD. I have been extremely sensitive to what others are saying to me and have been getting angry quickly and have had brief crying spells. It seems it is one thing after another. I am not pleased with how I am treating other people even though they may not have been pleasant to me. I have been thinking about going to the hospital, but I don't think they would admit me because I am not suicidal. I scheduled an appointment with my pdoc tomorrow but that just hasn't been working.

I am so frustrated. I have tried taking family to sessions with me, taking different meds, and am at a loss. I don't like being this sad angry b---- that noone wants to be around. I start work Jan 24 and must find stability quickly or I won't be there long.

12/29/2010 01:06 PM
tylerflies
tylerfliesPosts: 79

Well this sounds like a possible M.E. going into a depression. I had a week of hypomania and I am now going thru what u are describing here altho I am more combative than sad. I just wanted to say I understand it, and definitely get it. Try not to drink anything with caffeine or lots of sugar that makes it worse. And if you need to be alone, dont feel guilty for shutting ppl out. Its best for you AND themSmile

12/29/2010 04:01 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It sounds like a mixed episode to me also. Something is up, so I'd call your psychiatrist and get an adjustment to your medications. You don't have to suffer like this. I hate being in this type of episode because I am crying and angry. I treat people like crap when they don't deserve it, yet I'm depressed. It's weird how fast you can get angry for the smallest things too and the sensitivity is off the wall. Call your psychiatrist as soon as you can because this is an uncomfortable state to be in and the faster you get it taken care of the better. I really hope you feel better soon. We are all here for you. Whatever you have to say, we'll listen.

12/29/2010 04:13 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

I really just need my doc to look at me and make sure there is nothing major wrong. This has really only been the last two weeks. I would like my lamictal increased but I am already on 300 mg. I can't take the antipsychotics because they make my legs twitch and I get anxious.

12/29/2010 04:33 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

That's too bad that you can't take an anti-psychotic. They really help with hypo-mania. Mine takes mine totally away. Get with your doctor and I hope he can help you out. Good luck and I hope you feel better!!

12/29/2010 04:48 PM
Siddbartha
Siddbartha  

Your fear that your new job will prove too much for you may be stressing you out and contribution to your symptoms. You might actually feel better once you start and can focus your mind on working. In the mean time, try to keep focused on the moment, rather than the worries of the future or past conflicts.

12/29/2010 05:08 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

I hope you are right Siddbartha. I hate med changes. I am on 8 now. I wish there were a xanax but that lasted longer that you didn't develop a tolerance too.

12/29/2010 08:12 PM
Siddbartha
Siddbartha  

Xanax certainly is a powerful one. Have you considered whether short term withdrawal symptoms may be contributing to your mood instability? I understand this can be a very difficult drug to manage.

12/30/2010 04:31 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It sounds like you might be having a mixed episode, I'm sorry that you are going through this. I'm glad that you made an appointment with your pdoc, hopefully they eill be able to help you achieve stability soon. Congratulations on your new job!!

12/30/2010 05:37 AM
capecod84
capecod84  

Thank you all for the support. I am leaving to go in an hour. Things are much better around my house. That has helped alot. I am going to visit my favorite aunt this weekend and we are going to the art museum if it is open. I really enjoy that. She always spoils me. I know her house is quiet and I always have fun visiting her. I definitely know I don't need the hospital now. I see my therapist monday. Its just taking it day by day waiting on the paper work for the job to be finished so I can start on time. I'll give you an update once I talk to the doc. Thanks again for all your support.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved