MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2012 06:35 AM

is h/s just boredom?

lken
lken  
VIP Member

is hypersexuality just being bored with your love life and needing something to change it. not being satisfied in relationship. i saw a sundance program the other night, it brought up hypersexuality, it was comedy about sex addicts and decency. in the show a concussion would cause h/s, so as someone was hit in head, there memories would change, what mama told them and there no holds barred how they loved sex.

04/28/2012 10:47 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I am easily bored and I would combat that with sex.

04/30/2012 09:51 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

i can put the self pleasuring of ego as another addiction, when i would drink, i was never stop.i was that sort of drunk, my urges for drinking were very strong, once i got my urges satisfied , i was out and woke up with hangover, and the anxiety and guilt would take over, same with h/s. when the urge goes away i have misgivings in what i did. was that me?

05/01/2012 09:18 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I do not think h/s is just boredom its a real bipolar manic symptom (can still have symptom while in a mixed or depressive state).

Iken are you asking how we act out is a result of boredom?

05/01/2012 09:30 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

i think the sexual urge is like a little worm crawling around in my head, and will not go away until it gets what it wants,, i do not think it is boredom, but being bored with self does not help. all boredom is something missing within myself.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved