MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/26/2011 07:45 PM

I dont know what to do, to help my relationship

brit2dabrat
brit2dabrat  

im pregnant and havent been on my med since i found out my boyfriend is great for me and the baby and i love him so much but he is the first boyfriend iv had in 6 yrs. i dont want to mess it up but he has a low sex drive and mine is getting harder to keep in check i dont want to be with out him but i cant go on with the lack of sex i feel like im going crazy some times and im scared that i will cheat on him, and he is a good man and dont deserve that. i dont want sex to be a big deal but it is how do i control it? Sad

06/26/2011 10:46 PM
WastedSpace

Hi brit2dabrat. Thank you for your post. I know one of my friends was unable to take any meds while they were pregnant. I don't understand what that must be like. I can only appreciate what this must be like for you.

How to control one's sex drive? That's a good question. Are you able to talk with your bf? Can you tell him how you are feeling?

06/26/2011 11:17 PM
lollipop
lollipop  
VIP Member

Have you gone to your pdoc and discussed all of this with him, as well? I know you are concerned about taking any meds while pregnant and I think that is very commendable, but there may something more you can do to help you with the hypersexuality issue. It can be very damaging to your SO if you act on it outside of your relationship. My husband is bipolar 1 and suffers from hypersexuality as a symptom/action of his mania, etc. He is on meds and doing well, now. I talked to one of my friends who is bipolar, but cannot take meds and he controls his mania with sunlight therapy, vitamins, watching what type foods he eats(there are some foods that help with bipolar), Omega 3 and B vitamins, and excercise. Like wasted space mentioned, talking with your boyfriend will help, too. The fact that you are reaching out for help is an indicator that you are strong. Please ask the pdoc for alternatives for controlling your bipolar disorder while pregnant.

06/27/2011 04:05 PM
brit2dabrat
brit2dabrat  

i havent talked to the pdoc yet because even if they say there are meds out there for me ill still be to worried to take them, i see drug recalls on drugs all the time and dont want to risk hurting my baby but im going to try to eat diferently and do the things you said your friend trys it sounds like my best bet thank you.i have talked to my bf he is realy supportive and is willing to stand by me while try and figer something out, he has allways had a low sex drive and is finding it hard to keep up with mine i dont want him to do it so often that its not fun for him any more but its hard to go with out

06/27/2011 04:50 PM
mem2427

I hate to say this because it is taboo, but I have the same problem with my hubby and I have to help myself a lot of the time... I would try and talk to your pdoc about things so they at least know the symptoms you are having. It may slow down after the baby is born. ( my sex drive was gone after the baby for a long time.) Hang in there and keep posting we are here for ya.

06/28/2011 09:13 AM
Dit
Dit  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Try to keep your communications open, i know during my 30s (i'm now 47) my sex drive was low, my husband's was high, we were lucky if we'd have sex once a month, if that, i felt sooooo bad, i was suffering a lot of low and was raising small kids. I kept telling him it was not him it was me all was due to my depression, anyway i know this is the opposite of what you are going through but i feel for your bf. For me now my sex drive is high, things have changed over the past 3 yrs. Try and not feel bad if you want sex more than he just keep talkikng about this issue, talking seems to help, thats what my hubby and I did, my hubby kind of gave up on me at one time, it was hard on him, my heart goes out to you. Of course you have hypersexuality most likely and being pregnant, i recall my sex drive very high carrying my son, carrying my daughter it was low so it was different, being pregnant you hormones are all wakey, so sex drive is know to go up during pregnancy. Be pateint with yourself.

06/28/2011 10:37 AM
brit2dabrat
brit2dabrat  

i just want to say thank you to every one, you have all been so helpful i dont feel so alone any more and i feel that i can make it through the next step is to talk to my pdoc thank you again

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved