MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/09/2010 10:03 AM

Hi

tierranl

Hi my name is Tierra. I'm 24 and was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder and I do have a drinking problem. I don't have to drink everyday but I do binge drink. My life is stressful and I have gotten to the point where if I hurt I won't cry because I'm still going to hurt. I hold a lot of stuff inside and just feel so lost. I'm depressed right now but I know when I drink, I'll be in manic mode. I've never done this before, so if I did it wrong sorry.

10/10/2010 02:36 AM
BPB
BPB  

Tierra,

You did everything right!!!!!!! You came to this group and asked for help. WELCOME!!!!!! I too am a binge drinker and tends to stuff my feelings and then when I drink "watch out". Someone just recently told me that tears have a chemical in them that is totally different from pain than sorrow and that by crying you release these chemicals that cause the feelings of grief and despair.When I heard that I let them flow regularly now. Hell I cry over e-mails and TV commercials!!!!! First things first. Are you recieving treatment for your bipolar? You know it inactivates your meds when you drink and some meds it is very dangerous to drink with. I'm sure you know this and you don't need me to "preach" to you I'm only concerned.If stress is causing you to stuff your feelings maybe you need someone just for you to talk with on a regular basis to help you get out the stuff that is bothering you so maybe you don't feel the need to drink. A therapist can be your best friend-mine has been mine for 10 years and has been through hell and high water with me over the years. She has helped me over the rough patches and celebrated my successes with me. I highly recommend one and maybe you can find one that also deals with alcoholism or problem drinking in the process. I am in no way an expert on this as I struggle each and every day one day at a time. But it does help me have a somewhat "normal" exsistance and I have good friends and people like me alot better without the booze. I am here for you and post anything you need to and I will get back to you as soon as I can usually once or twice a day. Again welcome to our little group and thank you for being so open and honest with yourself and sharing this part of yourself with us. Many hugs, Carol

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved