MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/23/2011 07:00 AM

One of the things that makes me feel good.....

dagny
dagny  

......is my cat Dagny. He is a regular Domestic short hair male cat. He's a little over a year old and weighs 16 pounds. Let me tell you his story.

It was this past August, and it was very hot and humid here in the south. He appeared in my yard, a 5 month old skinny, hungry, hot and thirsty cat. I don't know where he came from. Someone probably dumped him there. Just that past December, I had to have my beloved cat Mithril put down because she was terminally ill and it broke my heart. I didn't need another cat to maybe go through it again. That summer, of course I was going through a frequent period of depression, but I wanted the kitten. My husband said no because he didn't want me to go through possible loss. But I needed him, he needed me, so my husband gave in.

I took him to the vet, got all his shots, later got him spayed, and today he's a very happy, healthy, filled out, and very cared for and loving 16 pound house cat. Gosh, I love that cat!!

06/23/2011 10:05 AM
skeptical
skeptical  

He found you and you are meant to be together! That is so sweet, made me smile!

06/23/2011 05:38 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

What a nice story. Very pretty cat. It's tough when our pets pass on, but you always have those special memories to cherish. This was meant to be.

06/24/2011 04:46 AM
skullhappy
skullhappy  

awwww, found kitteh! They can be the best pals ever, we've got one too, and she's wonderful!

06/24/2011 05:47 AM
dagny
dagny  

Yes,I love the feller. He's a mighty hunter too. A born mouser. He's such a handsome boy!

06/24/2011 07:44 AM
mem2427

sorry for your loss I lost my furry baby this Feb on Valentines day. I have two other furry babies that helped me over the pain of that loss. They are really my best friends. Glad your kitty found you. He is a handsome boy!

06/24/2011 08:16 AM
dagny
dagny  

Another thing that makes me feel good is my very favorite singer, Adele, from England. I'm a 50 year old woman and I love this 21 year old VERY talented singer. I hope she goes far!! Her music is soulful and makes me feel good inside, though she does sing about heartbreak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc83CF8Ejk&feature=autoplay& list=TLDmcAOT2ZrrE&index=2&playnext=2

06/24/2011 08:25 AM
dagny
dagny  

Yet another thing that makes me feel good, (hey, I'm finding more things, must be a good day!), are the films "Simon's Cat." This guy is brilliant and KNOWS cats for sure. He's got how cats really act down to a T!!! I love the subtle humor.

http://www.simonscat.com/Films/Fly-Guy/

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved