MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/30/2010 05:17 AM

work out

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I just got a new treadmill and this is mt second day using it and I manages to do 1.2 miles in 34 minutes. I know its slow but its a start, I'm 50lbs over weight for a person my size so its going to take a little while to get up to speed. I'm excited I was able to walk a mile. I used to do 5 a day so that's my goal just taking baby steps I don't want to pull a muscle and screw up the works. Smile

12/30/2010 05:33 AM
mem4809

That's great Rick! I was thinking of you today when I was working out. I was wondering if you could suggest some upbeat music (or pm me on that) as I know good music keeps me motivated!

I hope the workouts also help lift your mood a bit. it does for me..most of the time.

Janna

12/30/2010 05:56 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

A lot of the 70s -80s Disco and rock are great workout music Disco if you are doing high impact because the tempo is quite upbeat 80s rock because it kicks @$$ and really rocks. Great for workouts. Golds Gym

Plays a lot of 80s videos for people to workout to. I'm a rocker but for working out I like some disco mixed in there.

Disco Inferno by the Trammps is the best version and is one of my favorites.

Brick House by The Commodores is another good one. Super Freak by Rick James.

I love most music but this is what I listed to when working out. along with a lot of hard rock & metal

12/30/2010 07:15 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

What a great tool to have. You will get to that 5 miles in no time. Just keep working at it. Exercise is so good for us. You will drop those pounds too. Way to go Rick!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved