MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2012 02:16 AM

Lost 20lbs..do I need lower dose?

Smudgiepaws

I've lost 20lbs and seem to have some problems with my blood pressure being low (105/65), it goes down each day about 3pm. Well I think it does, it feels like it and I have to lie down for a while. I'm on 7.5mg pindolol in a.m. for anxiety (this is a beta blocker also prescribed to others for high blood pressure so obvious candidate for problems).

So my question is that if I have lost this weight, am I now on too high a dose of pindolol for my current weight?

Also on lamotrigine 450mg in evening.

05/05/2012 03:59 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

You might very likely need to adjust the bp med to help you feel better. It definitely sounds like the culprit in my opinion as I have been on them before and had the same symptoms. Definitely talk to your pdoc about it.

05/05/2012 07:16 AM
mem4809

It sounds like a lot of weight too soon. I too suggest that you give your pdoc a call very soon too.

05/05/2012 09:03 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes, give your psychiatrist a call. Low blood pressure isn't good. You could be passing out all the time if you don't get it fixed. I would think that you would go down in dosage, but I'm not a doctor. I hope this gets better for you. Let us know what he says.

05/07/2012 09:37 PM
Smudgiepaws

Thanks for the replies - am seeing 'pdoc' in two weeks (I take it pdoc means psychiatrist?). Will take extra care in meantime.

05/08/2012 08:40 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I'm glad you'll be able to see your pdoc, which means psychiatrist Smile. Be careful. It must be a scary experience sometimes. My blood pressure is about the same as yours and I have to be careful standing up and sometimes moving about.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved