MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2010 03:39 PM

Tonight I raise the dose of the Zoloft

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Well after thinking it over I'm going to give 50mg another try. Its been a full week and maybe that will make a difference. Plus I'll be taking it at one time and at bed time. The Seroquel will help me sleep and the Zoloft has a very relaxing effect on me. This should be the last med change for a long time. So far so good its all working out well. The only thing I have to change is giving up caffine.

Zoloft and caffine are not a good mix for me. So as of tomorrow its back to decaf and water. Actually I did this last time I was on Zoloft and I was so relaxed it was great. I'm sure it will be the same again and I can get back into meditation Smile I miss meditation its been a long time since I have been able to relax that much.

I'll keep you posted.

02/01/2010 03:57 PM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

Good Luck Rick. Definately keep us posted!

02/01/2010 04:05 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Hope this works great for you and is the last change you'll need for a looong time! My mix has worked for me for almost four years. (My pdoc recently changed one but I'm changing it back on my next appointment. The previous one was better; now I'll appreciate it more, lol! Good luck, Rick - Keep us posted!

02/02/2010 01:49 PM
Skye35
Skye35  

I hope the zoloft helps you! I was on it twice but I wasn't on any mood stabilizer so it didn't help as much as it should have.

Good luck!

02/02/2010 02:01 PM
dizzyb
dizzyb  
VIP Member

Rick, I really hope it goes well and that this will be the final cherry on the top of your cocktail. Zoloft is good for me, but I take it in the morning as it was giving me insomnia. But reading your post, I'm thinking that it does relax me and I'm battling to go to sleep so maybe I'll look at doing it your way. I may have to up my dose soon, so we can compare notes Wink

Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Big hugs, Bridget Smile

02/02/2010 02:03 PM
beautifulmind
beautifulmind  

Rick,

I just want to wish you the best with your meds. It sounds like you know what relaxes you the best and if switching it to bedtime works then do it!

02/02/2010 03:01 PM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You know what would relax me? A cute Japanese woman giving me a full body massage.

Oh, to dream.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved