MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/08/2010 12:53 PM

Lamictal-stuttering/unable to say what you mean

Skye35
Skye35  

I just go blank I know what I want to say, but when I want to say it lately, I can't figure out how to do it. It will happen in the middle of a conversation and I just go blank and I feel frustrated cause I can't get it out.

01/08/2010 01:20 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

I do that anyway, every once in a while; always have! It's really frustrating; I just say, "woops, lost the word!", and ask for a "minute" (a few seconds really) to remember it. Usually, people are pretty understanding; and if I relax it sometimes comes back. I don't know anything about Lamictal doing that; it must have started when you started taking it? Have you asked your pdoc yet? Maybe the folks here have similar experiences; anyone?

(this is how feel when I do that)

chagrined chimp

01/08/2010 01:31 PM
dizzyb
dizzyb  
VIP Member

Ok, I'll admit it, some days my word allowance is low and when stressed, do have temporary blonde moments Wink Tonight I got up to do something and couldn't remember what it was so sat down again. I am stressed so I know that's it.

And if I get lost in thought, it can take me a while to come back. Memory good, but day to day stuff a bit off sometimes. work in progress Angry Tongue

01/08/2010 01:33 PM
dizzyb
dizzyb  
VIP Member

oops, the angry gut isn't supposed to be there ..

01/08/2010 02:40 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I too go through my moments and have a brain fart. @_@ like you said go to do something and on the way there forget. I just go back to my room and sit at the computer until I remember again..lol

01/09/2010 01:43 AM
Skye35
Skye35  

I was trying to write poetry and think of words that rhyme last night(which feels like today cause I haven't been able to sleep) and I kept saying the alphabet in my head...looking for another word that sounded like the other, getting my alphabet mixed up and starting over and over losing track of where I was. ugh...I just gave up, passed out for 2 hours woke up at 3:45am. It's nearly 5 am now.

01/09/2010 01:44 AM
Skye35
Skye35  

and now I am starting to feel anxious...but I will rant and rave about that else where...

01/09/2010 05:21 AM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

My husband tells me that since starting Lamictal I mouth the words that other people are saying to me and I dont even realize that I am doing it. I also have severely dry skin patches on my face when i never did before and I break out on my skin on my face too. All side effects.

01/09/2010 11:59 AM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Rose, how long have you been taking the Lamictal? Sometimes side effects subside over time, I hope yours do the same...Lamictal's been good to me. As for the "mouthing", try to convince him it's kind of cute! Tongue in the meantime, stick a Post-it note on his forehead to remind yourself not to do it. Laughing

01/10/2010 08:08 PM
Skye35
Skye35  

strange, I finally found my sheets from the medication(Lamicatal) and reread the side affects and whatever else. Nothing said about blanking out and being unable to say what I want to say, or word fishing. Speaking of which, what is another descriptive word for the term word fishing. I was trying to research this online and all I got was damned fishing sites...ugh

sorry

Lrose I don't know about the mouthing what people say but I am kinda obsessive about rerunning conversations in my head over and over what he said what I said...( I think cause I am anxious if I said something stupid or I worry I won't remember what we talked about, or looking for inuendos or something I missed.ugh....)

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved