MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/26/2009 08:36 AM

Glad to have found this group...

bravestar360

Hello all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. i'm 30 and was first diagnosed with bipolar2 at age 26. i had exhibited symptoms of some sort of mental disorder since childhood, but my mother was too scared of the "stigma" attached to a diagnosis to seek treatment, even though we have a family history of mental illness. not to mention, i felt that i was wholly alone and untreatable.

since my diagnosis and the start of my treatment, my life has been simply transformed. i was lucky enough, after my final breakdown, to be admitted to a hospital with an amazing staff who believed in aggressive, targeted treatment. with their help, i've learned to manage my thoughts and emotions, express myself in healthy ways and yes, even try to take my meds regularly.

i'm joining this group because, even with the all of the help and treatment and improvement, i still often feel isolated and a little confused about what to expect for my future, or even day to day. i would love to hear from similar people who can share their experiences, thoughts and wisdom gained through living with bipolar2.

anyway, that's me in a very small nutshell!

06/26/2009 08:42 AM
cherokeef34
cherokeef34  

i understand i feel islote alot dear i am biopolor to .

06/26/2009 08:52 AM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

Welcome to the group bravestarSmile

I'm glad that you found us!

And remember that you are not alone!

06/26/2009 09:52 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group Bravestar, I hope you find everything you are looking for. We are a very supportive group of people. You will meet many new friends to chat with. Just know that you are not alone, we discuss many aspects of Bipolar Disorder on here. Feel free to jump in on any discussion. Smile

06/29/2009 01:40 AM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Welcome! Smile You will find many supportive people here who understand exactly what you are going through. Whenever you have questions, concerns or need to vent, feel free to post anytime. You may also send me a PM and I'll be glad to talk with you as well.

06/29/2009 03:59 AM
wandering

I know I don't tell anyone that I'm bipolar because of the stigma. Don't let it isolate you. You have bipolar , you aren't bipolar. You are a valuable person with strengths. Welcome.

Lori

06/29/2009 07:16 AM
bravestar360

thanks everyone for the kind words of encouragement! its good to know that you are not alone Smile

06/29/2009 08:19 AM
mixma
mixma  
VIP Member

Hi and welcome. This is a great group and I hope you'll grow to be comfortable here.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved