MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/18/2009 04:48 PM

Recently joined

serenitynow

Hi there,

My therapist recommended that I join this group. After looking around for a couple of days, I decided it would be a good idea to talk to people who have had similar experiences and problems. I've been ambivalent about the bipolar II diagnosis and the medication for the past three years. But that changed recently after I had a nightmarish weekend that convinced me that my skepticism is dangerous and inhibiting. Besides my therapist, I don't have anyone to whom I can turn for support. I've told family members and a couple of close friends, but I don't feel comfortable talking about it or calling them when I'm at my worst. I need to join this kind of group so that I can hear other people's stories and share mine, and so that I can see how others live and function with Bipolar II.

Thanks,

serenitynow

03/18/2009 04:52 PM
hyunjee
hyunjee  

i completely understand your situation. my family is not much support either and this group has been great to have. welcome (^_^)

03/18/2009 08:33 PM
mixma
mixma  
VIP Member

Hi and welcome. Again, this is the perfect place to realize you're not alone. I hope you find a lot of good info here and can feel 'safe'. We look forward to getting to know you better.

03/19/2009 02:01 AM
serenitynow

hyunjee and mixma -- Thanks for the supportive comments.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved