MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/08/2010 05:34 PM

looking for a place to be understood

justkate
justkate  

Hello. I have only very recently been diagnose with Bipolar II and have just had my partner of 20 months bail out on me because he says he cant deal with me an my problems at the moment. I feel like I am always sad and the light at the end of the tunnel gets pretty dull at times. It is pretty dull today actually.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, K

07/08/2010 06:50 PM
EvilElle
EvilElle  

Hang in there Kate. It's a rough road when you first get diagnosed. There are a lot of (detrimental) things that tend to get said and done when you're not medicated. I am certainly a poster child for that one. I'm sad that your partner bailed on you...now is really the time you need him the most. Make sure you find someone to help you talk this through and work through all of the stress that you're facing. Just venting makes a huge difference. That's why these forums are so wonderful! Good luck to you Kate and welcome to the group.

07/08/2010 06:53 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

It's a difficult disorder but I promise if you put your all into it working close with your pdoc don't give up, time and patience is a must. It's all about trial and error but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It takes time for some people but it does happen. I tried every med under the sun and after a long time i've been fully stable now for over a year! It was worth all the craziness and crappy side effects and stress. Becoming stable was the most overwhelming feeling ever!!! You will get there just stay focused, positive and strong Wink

By the way WELCOME!!!

07/08/2010 07:51 PM
justkate
justkate  

Thank you very much ladies.

07/08/2010 08:16 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Never give up, there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry your partner has left you to deal with this yourself. That must hurt a lot and I want you to know that we are here for you.

It's tough having bipolar, but it is manageable through medications. It takes some time and requires patience, but you will definitely get there. Relationships suffer from our illness. It's hard to be with a person with bipolar with our ups and downs.

I hope you can move on in time, there are really some great people out there waiting for you to come into their lives. I hope you feel better soon. Welcome to the family, I look forward to learning more about you! Stay strong. Hugs

07/09/2010 12:39 PM
RobsBaby
RobsBabyPosts: 91

Welcome, Kate. I, too, am so sorry to hear about your difficulties since you have been diagnosed. Many partners find this disorder just too much to deal with, and I know that makes your suffering greater. Like the others have said, seek help from your doctor, work on your medications, and once you get more stable, you WILL see that the light at the end of the tunnel is still there...this disorder just clouds it from view sometimes. We are ALL here for you...this is an awesome place to get support! Hugs!

07/09/2010 12:54 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Welcome, Kate, glad you're here!

I had a similar experience with a friend/lover after ten months because I was undermedicated and frequently hysterical, plus I had a lot of crises going on, and he just wanted a nice, fun relationship with someone "normal". (He's still looking.) We're good friends now, and I met the most wonderful, tolerant, patient man I've ever known! He only had to deal with "crazy Jeni" for a few months, but he was a champ! Right by my side...then I found the perfect mix of meds and have been stable for several years; but I think he'd still be right here with me in any case. He is a much stronger person than he thinks! We've been married for over two years, and he is definitely the one I was waiting for.

You will hurt for awhile after this loss, but it will get better! Just keep busy with your med search, take yourself and/or friends out for some fun, and know that it's okay to cry and feel sad. Then you'll start to feel better and better! Get to know and enjoy you, and take good care of yourself! Hugs, Jeni

07/20/2010 07:03 PM
justkate
justkate  

Thank you for all the kind words and support. My partner came back after only a day and is being a great support. We know it is going to be a hard, long road we have to travel, but I know we can o it if we stick together.

07/20/2010 07:51 PM
beautifulmind
beautifulmind  

Kate,

I would like to give you a BIG WARM WELCOME to our online family as well!! I am glad you found us and I am also glad that your partner came back to support you. Know that we are here for you in this journey and no matter what you are not alone dealing with this. Hugs and I look forward to talking with you more! Smile

07/21/2010 12:58 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Kate,

Glad to here he came back and your working it out. I think the hardest part after being diagnosed is getting on the right meds. Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones that gets the meds that work without a whole lot of trial and error.

Got any questions or just need to vent we are here for you.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved