MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/10/2010 02:34 PM

hi i'm new

ilovemybean
ilovemybean  

hi my name is jenn and i'm a 26 year old bipolar II with rapid cycling. i've been having a really rough time since i moved away from my home in idaho in september, to be with my fiancee here in wisconsin. then my uncle died unexpectedly in october, which sent me into a very dark depression. recently i have been experiencing what i believe is a mixed state, and i am extremely scared. if i had insurance, i would check myself into the hospital, but since i don't, i'm trying to deal as best i can. i'm really hoping i can find support and get new ideas on how to cope with this.

02/10/2010 02:41 PM
mouseam
mouseam  

Welcome! I am new here too! I am liking it so far!

Also, I am not sure whats around you, but there might be some free mental health care available to you. I live in the Philly area, and I have a friend who suffers from GAD and she was able to find at least a therapist for free (she doesn't work), but I know there are discounted places out there too. I am sure if you google it you can find something.

Hope things look up for you!

02/10/2010 03:38 PM
FatherKarras
FatherKarras  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome, Jenn

Always good to see new faces. I am pretty sure I've been rapid-cycling for some time now, but until I joined this group, I had no idea what that meant. It would've been nice if at least one of my docs would've told me what that was and what it meant. You seem to be on a good combo of meds, but that's kind of subjective. Everyone reacts different. Mouse is right, in that you should be able to find a sliding-scale fee service through at least one of your hospitals, where you can get in and get help.

If you're experiencing all of this, and the trauma of your uncle's unexpected death, you may just need an anti-anxiety for a while, or maybe a change in one or more of your meds.

I would definitely find out about getting help asap. I'm pretty sure every state has something like it, it's just a matter of a bit of research.

And we're always here for support, if you need to vent, a shoulder to cry on or whatever, we're always around. Hope you find it pleasant here.

Patrick

02/10/2010 03:40 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the group! I am confident you will find much support here as everyone is so wonderful and caring. I am sorry you are suffering so much and dont have insurance to boot. I hope you will be able to find some way to manage. There are usually places as Mouseam was talking about that will take on cases at discounted fees even sometimes free in some cases you just need to look into it and let them know your situation. Keep posting, you are not alone we are all here for you. You have absolutely come to the right place for understanding and support. Hugs, Stacey Smile

02/10/2010 04:41 PM
Alwaysdifferent

Welcome, this is a great place where no one judges and everyone can relate. I am very glad to have found this site. I am a rapid cycler and mixed episodes. Always here to listen and offer advice when I can. You're not alone...

02/10/2010 05:02 PM
jenigood1
jenigood1  

Hi, Jenn, welcome!

Is there a county clinic or mental health clinic in your area? Calling your doctor's receptionist might get you some ideas, or look in the yellow or government pages in your phone book. Good luck and hang in there, sweetie, we're all here for you!

02/10/2010 05:24 PM
ilovemybean
ilovemybean  

thank you everyone... i will look into finding a clinic

02/10/2010 05:44 PM
gemmy

Hi! Welcome. I am new here too. I also am newly diagnosed. Everybody here as been very helpful.

02/10/2010 08:27 PM
meribeth
meribeth  

Welcome aboard. Everyone here is great. I've been going through some tough med changes and everyone is wonderful and supportive. Been on this site for only a few weeks and now I don't know what I would do without it. Any and all questions and concerns are welcome here. Don't be afraid to open up and ask... there are many here in all different stages of "stability". Alot have been through what some of us are going through now. It's a great relief to know you're not alone.

02/10/2010 10:53 PM
711george
711george  

Welcome Jenn! I've only been a member a little over a month-have to say it saves me when i'm having a rough time. Hang in there--I have faith you'll find the help you need.

George

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved