MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/23/2008 10:12 AM

Went to PDr

mommy2kiley
mommy2kiley  

I called the dr this morning and she just so happened to be there til 11 today and she had an opening at 10:30. I talked to one of my supervisors and left work to go. I brought with me the mood chart and the stuff I wrote last night. I am SO GLAD I went! She thanked me for doing the mood chart and said it was most helpful. According to the chart, since I started the Welbutrin, I had a very negative side effect from it. Which is where the suicidal thoughts were coming from. She told me to immediately stop taking it. She kept me on the 500mg of Depakote. And added 150mg of Lithium and 20mg of Prozac. I have to go back in two weeks. She said she will then increase my Lithium to 300mg and if needed increase the Prozac too. The went ahead and did some blood work on me to run the normal tests on my kidney and thyroid levels from being on the Depakote. I am very pleased that she considered my thoughts on taking Lithium and Prozac. She said the Lithium will help with the compulsive spending too. She also told me to continue the mood charting b/c that was most helpful to her in determining what is working for me etc. I have to continue taking the Vitamin E due to the hair loss from Depakote but now I have to take one tbsp of flax seed oil daily to decrease the side effects of the Lithium. She was telling me I could put it on a salad or something and that the taste was kinda fishy and wasn't pleasant. Do any of you taking Lithium have to take the flax seed oil? If so, what seems to be the easiest way for you to take it??

03/28/2012 08:37 PM
bpisntwhoIam
bpisntwhoIam  

I take Lithium, but never heard of taking flax seed oil. What side effect does it help with? I do take fish oil everyday. I am so glad you found a doc that seems to help. It is so hard to find good ones. Oh, this is probably a stupid question, but is the prozac for depression?

Best Of Luck With The Meds!

03/29/2012 07:18 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I take lamictal, but I haven't heard about the flaxseed. I also take fish oil every night and Biotin for hair growth. I'm surprised she will up your lamictal by 150 mg at once and not try 200 first. That's the typical therapeutic dose.

03/29/2012 08:21 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Flaxseed oil contains both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 03/29/2012 08:23 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved