MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/01/2009 12:45 PM

I Need Help

neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Hi everyone,

This is my third day of feeling depressed. What my depression stems from are the emotions I have about being bipolar. Only recently have I been able to express my anger, hurt, frustration, depression and grief over my diagnosis. My bipolar tends to fall more on the manic side, so I am not used to coping with depression. What do some of you do to help yourself feel better? I'm at the point where I feel like calling the crisis line because I need someone to talk to. *cry*

06/01/2009 01:01 PM
Saradical
Saradical  

I have called the crisis lines in the past. Sometimes that really does help. There is always someone there to help. If you feeling really upset you could write about it, try and be more active, call a friend or family member, draw. Those are some of things that I try. I hope you start feeling a lot better. I know you have helped me in the past, I hope that this will help you.

06/01/2009 01:02 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Neon, I am sorry to hear you are down in the dumps. I just went through that myself over a month ago. I just cried and cried everyday sometimes I think over nothing at all. I feel for you from the bottom of my heart. Are you already taking something for depression? Can you call your pdoc and get an emergency appointment to maybe tweak something? Try to get out as much as you possibly can and surround yourself with people who care. I dont know your situation with that but I hope you have someone you can count on. We are all here for you on this end. Big Hugs Stacey Smile

06/01/2009 01:19 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Stacey,

I'm afraid to call my pdoc because I do not want him to give up on me. He knows I have a "difficult to treat" case of bipolar (his words) but I am still worried just the same.

06/01/2009 01:19 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

I take 20mg Prozac for depression.

06/01/2009 01:20 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Stacey,

I can't stand the way I feel right now, so I'm going to call my pdoc. I'll post again as soon as I hear back from him.

06/01/2009 01:25 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

It is not possible for me to be active. I'm totally blind and cannot drive.

I also cannot afford the cost of public transportation via bus or cab. Sorry to sound like such a downer. I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't have alot of options available due to my inability to drive.

06/01/2009 01:34 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

My pdoc just called me back and I have an appt with him tomorrow at 3:30pm. I don't know if any med changes will be made. I explained some of the difficulties I'm having emotionally and said that I will be seeing a new tdoc at his office on Wednesday. I'll let all of you know what happens tomorrow.

06/01/2009 04:30 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am so glad you have an appt. My pdoc is like that I just call and I am in. I am sorry you dont have any way to get out much. Even just to go outside is better than sitting in the house to me. I also cannot drive I am totally dependent on my husband. I am not saying I have the same disabilities as you in any way but I know what its like to not be able to just get up and go where you want to go. He does the best he can with me. I am finally out of my depression thanks to the Lithium. I hope you get out of yours quickly. Smile

06/01/2009 05:58 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

Stacey,

It's nice to have another person who understands how difficult it can be when you can't drive.

I wanted to let you and everyone know that I e-mailed a counseling service in the UK and poured out all of my feelings. I received a response a few minutes ago and just finished reading it. It was *so* nice to have someone acknowledge my emotions. She understood EXACTLY what I was feeling and reassured me that everything would be okay. I'm starting to feel better now. I'm going to keep communicating with this person in the UK for the rest of the afternoon and into tomorrow. That should help me calm down a bit before my appointment on Wednesday. Thank you all for your encouragement and support. I really do appreciate it. All of you here on MDJ mean the world to me and I consider you family. <group hug>

Post edited by: neondreams, at: 06/01/2009 05:59 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved