MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/28/2009 09:14 PM

Help please

Kruzie
Kruzie  

Hey all,

I know that I don't have Bipolar Disorder but I've got a question for the women here. And if the men have any insights I'd love to hear them.

First off, I've been moody, irritable and down since a few days before my period (which is normal from time to time) but this time it didn't go away. I've tried all my tactics that I use to make me better: chocolate, music, movies, good food, time with my fiance and even sex. None of it has helped. Do you all think it might be PMS? It's just, I've never been like this and it's getting on my nerves and I've been short with my coworkers and I'm getting that way with Adrian (my fiance). I'm getting married Friday and I want it to be wonderful without me having to run away and cry because for some odd reason I'm sad.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you all so much.

04/28/2009 11:32 PM
neondreams
neondreams  
VIP Member

It could be PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder). PMDD has similar symptoms to PMS except that they are more severe in nature. Some symptoms include irritability, headaches, depression, mood swings, anxiety, fatigue/loss of energy, insomnia and/or hypersomnia.

04/29/2009 04:40 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You are also going through an awful lot right now, the stress alone can trigger emotions like that. Good Luck at your wedding, that is fantastic!!!!

04/29/2009 05:10 AM
Kruzie
Kruzie  

Thanks, I thought it might be stress. I've just never been this irritable before. I'll ride it through and see how I feel on the weekend. Thanks again. Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved