MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/18/2009 07:43 PM

At the end of my rope tonight.........

Sanity4rent

I quit my job and I'm moving back to Florida....@#$% Maryland, $#%& Ruby Tuesday's corporate bulls^&*, #$%^ them saying I'm never "happy" enough.

A ghetto-ass bar is not a job for a sensitive person who is bipolar....

How can I make straight A's and do very well in school, but I can't handle some minimum wage poop job??

04/18/2009 07:54 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am sorry you are feeling so bad right now, things will get better. In the meantime vent away we are here Smile

04/18/2009 09:49 PM
bigdogsrule

Hey Sanity4rent,

Straight A's mean you've really got a lot going for you. You can succeed. You've just got to find the right situation for YOU. That can take some experimenting. Not handling a sh---y job is NOT related to bipolar. A sh---y job is just that. Put it behind you. You WILL find what's right for you. I'm sure of it. It will prob take a while in this economy but you'll find it. In good or bad economies people of all stripes walk way from jobs because they don't fit. It's really very normal.

Mark

04/19/2009 07:52 AM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

Sanity4rent,

I agree with bdr. Crap jobs are crap jobs. I don't blame you for wanting to move to Florida (I live in MD too), especially since MD taxes are out of control. MD is one of the most expensive states.

04/19/2009 08:29 AM
midnightstar
midnightstarPosts: 50

I agree with the others. Certain jobs may exacerbate your bipolar symptoms, but they don't have anything to do with bipolar as a whole. Everyone experiences stress in one form or another due to their job. My sister works 13 hours/day 7 days a week as a mail carrier and I can't count the number of times she has come home feeling extremely tired. I've asked her about the possibility of finding another job, but she has 2 teenagers to feed and clothe as well as a house payment to make. It isn't easy for anyone bipolar or not in today tough economy.

04/19/2009 08:57 AM
Sanity4rent

another reason im changing my life is that i drink alot now, because of my job and the fact that i hate bipolar meds....so now i get to go to AA meetings...yay

trying to quit drinking, but about 70-80% of restaurant workers are into drinking/drugs, because of the crappiness of the job.

Keep that in mind next time you wanna stiff someone on a tip!!!

oh and spazyjessy, you are correct on MD sucking a$$.....houses in AA county are about 500,000 if you dont wanna live in glen burnie with the rednecks, drug dealers, and gang members.

the restaurant i worked at is so completley filthy that I would have roaches crawling up my jeans and fruit flys drowning in the liquor bottles (shudder)

be wary of where you dine out!!!!!!!!!!!

04/19/2009 03:23 PM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

Sanity4rent,

I hear ya on battles with alcohol. I used to abuse alcohol hard core and now I've calmed down thank goodness. I still do get cravings for alcohol at times, especially when the meds aren't doing their job so it's definitely a battle at times.

On another note, glenburnie rednecks, LOL! There's some Pasadena ones too. It seems like folks from both of those towns are definitely stuck in the 80's. It makes you almost think it is the 80's, haha! just kidding! Well, sort of..

Your description Ruby Tuesday's makes me almost not want to eat out again. I hope you'll be able to move to Florida soon.

04/19/2009 05:16 PM
Sanity4rent

It's so funny...whenever I come to Baltimore and surrounding places, I hear alot of 1980's music on the pop stations....I always go "I havent heard this since middle school" like the other day I heard New Kids on the block and Debbie Gibson back to back.....LMFAO

It is very non-hip here.....one of my customers wanted a "Dundalk shooter"...well I dont know what a Dundalk shooter is so I offered to pour him a cheap whiskey and give it a welfare check and a puffy hairdo........I amuse myself.

04/19/2009 05:51 PM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

New Kids on the block and Debbie Gibson, that's too funny!Smile

04/19/2009 06:19 PM
oceanchild
oceanchild  

I haven't been able to get a job for 8 years, or keep one for longer than 7 months. Yet, I graduated with my AA with high honors, and made straight A s my first semester at a University (the following semester I had to do a medical withdrawal).

I have often thought being sensitive and inquisitive make you a good student, but not always a great worker bee for those "ghetto ass" jobs college students often get stuck with.

Don't feel bad, I have quit more jobs than I can count. But I have an interview tomorrow, I'm still trying!

Plus you are hilarious, that can take you far in life, I love your name! I say @#$% any job where you have to be too "happy" when you aren't feeling it...people who are servers in my town are rude as hell, they have shed all pretenses of flare.Tongue

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved