MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/15/2009 09:06 AM

saw tdoc and my rage is about to come out

hyunjee
hyunjee  

saw my tdoc yesterday and im going back to her on monday actually. my rage is about to go out of control. i lost it about three times over the weekend, to the point i was hitting things around the house. i am afraid i will lose it at work, it's getting harder for me to supress my rage and anger. i dont know what else to do. im going to talk to the civil rights guy at my job about taking disability leave. i almost think that it would best for me to do. until i can get things sorted out. cause i'm afraid i wont be able to control it.........it's getting too hard to control

04/15/2009 10:31 AM
oceanchild
oceanchild  

Hopefully you can go on disability, but it may be easier if you go inpatient (unfortunately, as insurance and disability rates severity of illness on the level of treatment being received), it may also be safer for yourself and possibly others. I am not trying to condescend, I am just familiar with that sort of rage because I've felt it...I've driven around at 90 mph screaming at the top of my lungs, hoping for something to destroy. It is terrifying and very dangerous.

I hope you can get the time you need to get away from the stressors that are no doubt triggering you and making the anger worse.

We are here for you!

04/15/2009 10:37 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am sorry you are feeling out of sorts. Iam sure you have alot of support but if you ever need anyone to vent to feel free to pm me, I am a good listener. I hope your day goes better for you Smile

04/15/2009 11:17 AM
mixma
mixma  
VIP Member

Awww Hyunjee *hugs*

I don't know what to tell you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. You know I'm always here for you.

Tracey

04/15/2009 12:02 PM
hyunjee
hyunjee  

yea im not sure what actions I can take. if I can even take leave without pay for even just a week I think it will help a lot. I just need some time to sort shit out. I've been feeling out of mind lately. like im just full of so much hate and anger. I dont want to sleep, i dont want to eat. it's just consuming me and work is getting so difficult for me.

04/15/2009 04:24 PM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

Hyunjee,

I'm sorry you're going through all of that hon, that's gotta be rough. My advice to you would be to look into taking leave through the Family Medical Leave Act. You can take up to 12 weeks leave without pay as long as you meet the requirements. I think you have to have worked at least 1200 hours to qualify.

Here's the website: http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/index.htm

If you do go the leave of absence route you have to get a doctor's note to back you up and the doctor's note can be formulated in a way that does not reveal that your doctor happens to be a psychiatrist. I have done it once during my first/last hospital stay b/c I was suicidal and needed immediate medical attention.

04/15/2009 04:30 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think that is a wonderful idea Jess and I am sure your doctor will back you up with whatever you need Hyunjee. Its too bad its not paid leave that would be fantastic...but if you can afford to do so I would jump on that to get yourself feeling better without the everyday aggravations of working. Best of luck...

04/15/2009 05:23 PM
SpazyJess
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

I meant to add Hyunjee to keep us updated on how you're doing if you don't mind. I hope things get better for you.

04/17/2009 07:17 AM
hyunjee
hyunjee  

i go back to my tdoc on Monday. She thinks it would be good for me to see her again soon. so, it works out. Ive been doing ok. kind of down lately. but the seroquel isn't bothering me as much as far as the grogginess and such. I haven't self harmed in a week so that's good. been trying my best not to. cause the past few have been pretty bad. i'm getting there i hope.

04/17/2009 07:33 AM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am glad to hear you are seeing your doc again. It sounds like you are feeling a little better and that is awesome to hear , I have been a little down lately myslef I am going to try my hardest to keep my positive attitude going today to avoid the down feeling again!!! If you need me at all PM me...Hugs Stacey

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved