MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/25/2012 09:02 AM

Bipolar 2 with extras

Kpsych
KpsychPosts: 29

Greetings and salutations ,

I've run the gauntlet of diagnose through out my life. Blink

To begin, during school I was in special education for Dyslexia. But as you know, that was a blanket diagnoses that covered all learning challenges.

As my life progressed, I've discovered that I'm also ADD inattentive type / dreamer / absent minded professor type. On top of all this, through in a very power working memory diagnose . Basically, I'm horrible at multi tasking .

Now we through into the mix Bipolar 2. My variation of Bipolar 2 has much more to do with being on the high end than the low end.

I've trained as an artist and consider bright and quite creative, but I've fought all my life to maintain a job. I'm driven and tough, but I've grown older and I'm finding it much harder to maintain a job and get a job.

Now, I'm trying to gauge just how challenged / impaired I am.

I've either been great with people with moments of horror. When I've lost my temper, I've blown things out of the water . In sum, I've had issues with anxiety , low self esteem and social adjustment. I've also been diagnosed with SADs.... My Meyors Brings personality profile INFP, but really more of a XNXX X=ballanced and or not extreme deference

I'm at a loss. I've tried nearly everything and I'm searching for hope.

Looking for ideas and resources .

Thank you!

05/25/2012 09:24 AM
mem4809

Welcome to the group. Are you on medication for your BP2? That would greatly stabilize your mood and help you avoid outbursts. I know some creative people are afraid to go on meds for fear of losing their creative edge, but I can't say if that is true or not.

05/25/2012 09:43 AM
Kpsych

Yes, I'm on LAMICTAL 200 MG / 2 a day.

In general, I'm eccentric . Personally , more unconventional , creative , artistic . All these coupled with my size, demeanor and intensity, I cause waves amongst the conventional crowed, thus causing targeting which provokes fighting back.

05/25/2012 09:43 AM
Kpsych

Oh, and hi candjdog !!!!Wink

05/25/2012 03:08 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Welcome Kpsych,

Hmm your story sounds a lot like my own. I consider myself quite creative also and motivated.

I make a lot of waves at work though am pretty reserved in my home life.

Lets see, my diagnosis is Severe depression, Bi-Polar II, GAD, and treatment resistant depression. A nice mixed bag of labels but it doesn't matter, most are treated with the same meds.

Here is a link to our groups BP information page, there's a lot of good links there.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/bipolar-type-ii- discussions/general-support/1780176-educating-yourself- about-bipolar-disorderinfo

The more you learn the better prepared you will be when dealing with these disorders.

There's always someone here to answer any questions you might have. PM me anytime, I check them daily.

05/25/2012 09:43 PM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

Welcome! What medications are you taking if any? If you are, you may need to tweak them some. It's very difficult to keep a job when you're struggling with symptoms of bp. You shouldn't have to feel the anger, irritation and anxiety among other things.

05/26/2012 10:57 AM
Kpsych

Thanks RickEJ and Invisible !

In what way Rick?

Invisible , lamictal 200mg20mg

05/26/2012 12:43 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

unconventional , creative , artistic ,intensity, I cause waves too esp. at work, used to be at home. I think being left handed led to me being more creative. Never did go to school for art or had any training, just always been drawn toward art.

05/27/2012 03:19 AM
Kpsych

What are you like on your bad days?

05/28/2012 03:38 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Dark! Obscure! and you?

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 05/28/2012 03:38 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved