MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/22/2012 03:01 PM

People shouldn't harrass others on PM

JenniferJen4
JenniferJen4  

A couple of days ago this person who I will not mention asked for help. She had a young child and a boyfriend and kept saying something was wrong, but that she wouldn't go on meds because she was breast feeding for a year. Also sounded very bitter about having to work with an infant and kept saying "I work my ass off" Wish i could find the post. I suggested a few things and she attacked me with "you pill popping stay at home mom" First of all it's not my fault she is in her predicament and don't put me down because I am an SAHM that's my choice. I used to be a single mom too and put in my time and now I have a husband and am enjoying being with my son who has his own challenges. There should be a block button because this was really unfair and forced me to attack back. Don't back me into a corner and say mean things because you may not like the truth serum I give you. thanks for letting me vent.

05/22/2012 04:14 PM
mem4809

Yikes, sounds like she was either very inappropriate due to her personality or in a mixed or irritable mood--in which cae we shouldn't be posting when we are irritable and are going to take it out on the group--in my opinion. i hope you won't let this one bad incident stop you from sharing your advice with the rest of us.

Hugs,

Janna

05/22/2012 07:00 PM
dhines1671
dhines1671Posts: 22

I'm sorry that someone took out her problems on you like that. That's such a hard thing. That's usually when someone really needs help the most. I try to treat people with respect on my bad days. I feel ashamed if I let the swings get the better of me. If she doesn't learn to vent in more constructive way. She won't get anything out of her interaction w/ others on this board.

Most of the people i've talked to in my short time posting seem to be helpful. Even if the advice isn't great it's always came from a good place.

Poor girl is probably jealous of the place you're at now in your life, and has no ideas the struggles it's taken for you to reach that point.

05/23/2012 07:10 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I'm sorry I missed that post or I would have asked her to remove it. If that happens again (and this is for everyone), PM me or another group member immediately.

05/23/2012 08:13 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Please PM me with the user name and I will take care of it.

Post edited by: RickEJ, at: 05/23/2012 08:29 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved