MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/07/2012 11:31 AM

Hypomanic?

kneesa

What was a good night playing games with friends turned into hypomania that carried over today. I feel so awake and alert like I could stay up for days. My limbs won't stop bouncing and when walkng I constantly need to mess with my fingers, clenching fists etc. Im aggressive and irritated, the slightest disorder bothers me and I feel the need to tell my roommate that if she spent as much time studying as shedoes with her boyfriend she could actually pass a class this semester. On the outside I look like I am rested and a little peppy but on the inside I'm screaming, repeating words and situations over and over in my head, Im longing for a release to bring me back to a semblance of normalcy but my only way to do that is cutting or scratching myself and I've been "clean" for about a month now.

Anyone experience something like this? ideas how to come down without meds (off meds temporarily while I wait for them)? As wonderful as being so up feels (and I do feel like Im awesome and can do anything) Im kind of worried that I'll lose my speakng filter or do something stupid.

05/07/2012 11:41 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I've not experienced this in three years since I've been stable on medications. I'm sorry you are experiencing these feelings. Try to stay calm. Listen to some soft music, take a bath, write, anything that relaxes you so you can possibly come down a little bit. In hypo-mania, I am angry, have racing thoughts, and am irritable. I know how everything gets to you. I hope that this settles down for you soon and you are able to come down. I hope you get your medications soon also. Let us know how you are doing.

05/07/2012 12:04 PM
john1961
john1961Posts: 115

sounds like you truly need a trip to the pdoc and not to come down naturally. The come down may very well be a crash and do you want to be in deep depression? Call your pdoc,see what they can do to help you come down. I recently had a run of hypomania, thank g-d for the pdoc and med adjustment I am back on an even keel.

I get mania is euphoric but you need to look at the big picture. Will this manic state be comfortable in the long run?I think not and sure some where inside you you also think its not a good thing, or else you would not be here asking for advice.please consider getting help, it sounds as though you could really use it now

05/07/2012 01:11 PM
kneesa

I'm waiting for the insurance company to give prior auth and get the prescription sent to my local pharmacy, otherwise I would be on meds and more stable. I don't want to stay in this state despite how I feel because I know my crash will be hard and I really don't want that. I'm currently in the last class of the day so I only need to sit still for another hour but my focus is rather compromised.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved