MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/24/2012 11:48 AM

Depressed and then Not?

honeybee1959
honeybee1959  

Why do I have a few days of being depressed and then a few days of feeling ok?

04/24/2012 11:53 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You could be cycling. I'm not a doctor so I'm not certain, but you will want to call your psychiatrist and let him know how you are feeling so he can help treat the symptoms. It's never fun to be back and forth in your mood. Very frustrating for you I'm sure. I don't have all the answers, but I am here to support you, so please keep us up to date on how you are doing. We are here for you.

04/24/2012 12:30 PM
mem4809

It sounds like rapid cycling. I would check with your doctor regarding your meds. I know how difficult it is not knowing how you will be one day to the next. You need your moods stabilized. Take it one day at a time!

04/24/2012 12:51 PM
honeybee1959
honeybee1959  

My Pdoc doesn`t believe in rapid cycling, he says its my Borderline personality Disorder.

Ya know, I never get mad or angry or irritable, so I don`t know where I really fit in, I don`t even understand how they came up with BPD and even BP 2 , I always have had depression and why did anit depresants work for close to 15 yrs?

My life is a lonely , unhappy life and right now I can not change it, I do believe my current situation does cause ALOT of my depression , in the past it was other things such as teenagers running away, B/F `s cheating, divorce. Doesn`t everybody feel sdaness over those type of things? And I am very emotional and I wear my heart on my sleeve, does that mean my emotions are out of wack?

I just don`t get it all. Sometimes I think I need to go off all meds and restart . I don`t go manic , I don`t believe I ever went hpomanic but they claim I did ONCE!!!

oh well, I am lonely and sad , my kids do not bother with me, hence I do not get to see my grandkids often,My daughter in law doesn`t like me so she doesn`t bother with me, she won`t even answer the phone, it goes to the machine unless my son is there and sometimes he will answer it.

How can I be happy when the people I love do not seem to act like they care about me?

How does a mother behappy when her 2 sons that she adores and thats all I was , I was a Mom, now I don`t know where I belong, I thought i would be a hands on grammie , ha, thats a joke.

But seriously do I have a chemical imbalance or do I have a shitty life?

Or does my shitty lousy life after so long deplets the serontin and causes depression?

Again I don`t get irritable, angry or mad, what I do is cry ---ALOT

and that is the way it has been. I was told that my emotions are too strong for the problem, I am at a loss for words to describe that, emotions too strong for the situation.

I just don`t know , I don`t get , I don`t understand the complexity of these DX`s, especially the ones that overlap symptoms--ya know my kids never invite me for Holidays , those are reserved for HER family, wouldn`t that make most Mothers sad and depressed? I have talked and explained how it makes me feel , and my son does not get it, his wife controls the social calendar. Back to cycling, like I said my Pdoc doesn`t believe it, just he says Panik attacks and anxiety attacks are the same? I don`t know, are they? Long story saying nothing huh?

04/24/2012 01:05 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Your sons are awful toward you. I don't get it. They should want you in their life and stand up to the women in their lives. It's not right to do this to you. That makes me sad for you. One way to find out if you have bipolar is to get a second opinion from a different psychiatrist. If you are having strong doubts, I would do this. It will give you more answers. You are really suffering and it makes me mad for you. I can't tell you if you have bipolar or not, but we will be here through everything you feel. We're here to support you. I would definitely get a hold of another psychiatrist to get a second opinion. I'm sorry that your family treats you this way. It think it's unacceptable.

04/24/2012 02:25 PM
mem4809

Like Joy, I do think you should get a second opinion. I am really sorry to hear about how you have been mistreated. It isn't fair and no one deserves that! Keep posting so we can support you here.

04/25/2012 04:24 AM
honeybee1959
honeybee1959  

I had to see a therapist for 6 weeks and then I saw the Pdoc, basically it was her notes that DX me, he just went by her.

How did you all get DX?

04/25/2012 12:30 PM
mem4809

My Psychiatrist is also my therapist and after months of failed treatment for Depression, we realized I also had so low grade hypomanic periods daily. Then my symptoms got worse and it was very clear what I had. He also sent me for a second opinion given that my symptoms were so unusual.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved