MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2012 12:23 PM

One of those days...

brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

So this was supposed to be my day off to relax and enjoy myself. First thing this morning my phone rings and it's my cousin wanting me to take him around to do errands because his car was in the shop. I didn't really want to but I said I would anyways because you know karma, my car might break one day too and I'll need a hand. After our first stop my car wouldn't start. We assumed it was out of gas, but while we were sitting there he get's a call saying his car is ready to be picked up out of the shop so he calls another ride for himself to go get his car and leaves me there! So I ended up calling my aunt to see if she could bring me a gallon of gas and she does. Turns out the car still won't start. So now I'm $**t out of luck for a car. I just don't understand how you can do a favor for one person something goes wrong and a favor is not reciprocated. I mean how can people be so cold and selfish? To top it all off I get a phone call from an ex boyfriend after about a year to tell me he's married and has a baby. Now I feel like $**t because that's the one thing I want most in this world is kids. I just feel like I have no luck these days.

04/17/2012 02:21 PM
willowwisp

I always say.. "no good deed goes unpunished".. it's sad, but so often true...

04/17/2012 03:59 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sound like a pretty bad day. Your cousin should have come back to help you with the car. That was very rude of him to just take off like that and not come back. I hope you got the car started eventually. The ex-boyfriend isn't very nice telling you that. Why would he call you and say that? Seems weird. I hope your day has gotten better for you. We're here to support you.

04/17/2012 04:31 PM
mem4809

That was not nice of your cousin. Sounds like he took advantage of your sensitive side. i think you should call him uo and tell him you are upset with him and not take it out on yourself. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

04/17/2012 04:38 PM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

Well my step dad came to look at the car for me but were probably going to have it towed. This will probably be the last time I do anything nice for him because he's always a jerk when I do him favors. To top it all off the police department called and their going to try to go by his house and take him in for questioning. Now my anxiety is shot to hell. I just want to curl under the covers and cry.

04/17/2012 09:02 PM
my2lilgirls
my2lilgirls  

I am so sorry you feel that way and I understand why you would feel that way. Anxiety is terrible. I am in to a book right now that makes me want to read in all of my free moments, which are not many. I don't mean to suggest something lame, like go take a bath, which is great, but when I have anxiety,depression.....I don't want to do anything that anyone suggests. But, the book thing has really started working again for me, because I am an escapist. I am sober now, so I can't use my normal escapes. A page turner takes you somewhere else. C

04/18/2012 04:04 AM
brandib811
brandib811  
VIP Member

That's true my two little girls. I can get over the car thing Thats material it will either be fixed or not. But the Police confronting this rapist I don't know that anything can distract me from that because it's my safety you know? He can decide to attack me at any moment. He's a drug addict on top of bipolar unmediated so who knows how he will react. He may not care and brush it off or he may get extremely agitated and lash out in anger. I just don't know. They probably won't believe me anyways.

04/18/2012 07:27 AM
mem5761

How rude!

04/18/2012 08:07 AM
my2lilgirls
my2lilgirls  

Wow, that does sound super serious, of course i understand how nothing could distract you from that. I was not thinking that he could actually get to you. What's up with a restraining order? I think i remember you saying that police would not do that yet? Please don't be alone at any time and have your cell ready to dial 911 at all times? How terrible, God bless you. C

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved