MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/22/2012 10:29 AM

I Got pushed a bit too far today!

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am finally fed up, I've had it, I give up trying to work as a team, I love my job but not my coworkers.

Ever since I came back from medical leave they don't talk to me. I get information relayed to me from our temp even though we are all in the same office. I have confronted them and one said there was no problem when obviously there is. I wrote this letter to human resources today requesting to be moved to another office.

===========================

Janet,

In light of unforeseen circumstances in my current work environment I would like to recall my statement to stay in my current location. I do not care if it has windows or not, I refuse to be disrespected and talked about in the third person while I am 4 feet away from the person talking. I would rather be isolated from the current environment and lose the workspace than to be rejected like a leper! The everyday occurrences of this is causing much stress. I do not need help from the EAP, I have my own doctors. What I need is to be moved, I can work well enough alone. I have already addressed the person on this and they refuse to admit there is anything wrong, though their actions continue to portray otherwise.

=============================

I've done my best to resolve the situation but I'm not getting any results, its like I'm not even there in the room, I am a ghost! Wassat Angry Sick

03/22/2012 11:19 AM
goldenmstidy
goldenmstidy  

I'm sorry to hear about your situation at work, Rick. Hopefully, your request to be moved will be granted. It's beneficial that you have the option to move. My previous work situation was bad and my only option was to quit, leaving me jobless. I hope things start to turn around for you! Smile

03/22/2012 11:58 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This isn't good for you at all. I don't understand why they would have a problem with you after you got back from medical leave. That doesn't make any sense. I can totally understand why you would want to be moved. Sounds very stressful. Even confronting them hasn't helped. They sound very difficult to work with. I hope you get what you want and away from those people.

03/23/2012 04:26 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I ended up in a conference call with HR & my supervisor, he tried to play it off like I was being petty and that I shouldn't expect everything to be the same because I was out for a long time.

He was saying that she doesn't have to talk to me, and he can't make her talk to me. He said maybe she thinks I'm unapproachable and is afraid of saying the wrong thing and upset me. HR understood the situation, Janet is a smart lady and it was obvious I had put my supervisor on the defensive.

He had an excuse for everything and a lot hypothetical theories on why things are the way they are.

I learned that there's some things going on like him pushing his paperwork on my coworker saying that she was saving his ass, but would go on to say she's not a supervisor. I tried to explain that she seems to have more information than I do on what projects are going on, he said we all know what projects are going on. Well as he stated I have been out long time and in the past month nobody has talked to me or briefed me on the situation & what needs to be done.

I think in the end he really showed his true colors and HR is now aware of this. He's not taking responsibility & is making excuses for his lack of supervision. He even went as far as saying that he had other things to do besides having our meeting, like this was a nuisance and petty.

I figure I'll offer my help to my coworker & let her know I'm there if she needs help. After that I guess I'll just work on my own . What was really disturbing is he kept blaming me and that all the problems stemmed from me being out for 3 months.

03/23/2012 06:13 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Well that's pretty crappy. What a jerk he is. It sounds as if your Human Resources knows what's going on. I think that your supervisor is playing favorites. That's not right or he has something against you for not coming to work because you were ill. I'd be pissed. You shouldn't have to work like that. I'm sorry he treated you that way. I hope things get better. Keep posting, it's good to get it out.

03/23/2012 07:11 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Joy, love ya! Smile

I see my pdoc today...lol what timing! I'm going to bounce this off of her and find a way to cope thats not destructive. Not that I'm in danger of hurting myself, far from that. I'm not a violent person though my mouth can sometimes get me into trouble. For now I'm going to enjoy the day off, who knows I may even take all next week off. We'll see what the pdoc has to say. my appointment is at 1:20 today,

I'm actually looking forward to itW00t I must be getting a little bonkers Silly no she is a peach and has kept me stable for 5 years out of 6 thats a pretty good track record.

03/24/2012 05:54 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I talked to my pdoc about my situation and she though it best to cool off and take a positive approach.

I did and it worked out well. I think part of my issue was that on Thursday I accidentally took my meds twiceSick Wassat This did not help me emotionally because I was being triggered

I emailed my boss and offered my help if he need it and he thanked me for it. So all id good. I guess I was really no better off in this situation because I was on the defensive also.

lol I dozed off at the computer Laughing now my Pepsi is not so cold WOW I was sleeping about an hour.

03/24/2012 12:11 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm glad your positive approach worked out well. That's a plus. Sorry you took your medications twice. That's no good. Being on the defense isn't always good. Lol on you sleeping at the computer. I'm glad you are feeling better about this.

03/25/2012 07:45 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I'm so glad things are working out better and you're approaching it in a more positive way. That's really the only thing you can do. Keep us posted!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved