Ask a Question
03/02/2012 03:43 AM

Feeling a little down this morning

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted or even that active. My focus over the past 5-6 months has been working with my niece who has PTSD and came to live with us. She was in a really bad place in her head and really needed someone who could understand. We are kindred spirits, we think alike, we enjoy the same things, we share alot of the same pains. We have done much healing, the experience has been a blessing for both of us. She went back home up north Wednesday and I guess it's just starting to sink in. I'm feeling a bit down now realizing that my bff is gone. We shared so many things together and accepted each other unconditionally. That's hard to find in this world. I know she had to go, it was her time, she has a husband & family up north that really love her. I thought I would be ready for the day she left but I guess I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was.Sad

03/02/2012 05:32 AM
mem4809

That is difficult. I hope email and phone calls to each other will help ease the transition for you.

03/02/2012 08:33 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That sounds really hard to deal with being so close and spending so much time together. What a bummer. Like you said, she had to go though. I'm surprised everyone let her go for so long. That is great. You will still be in touch with her though like Janna said with email and telephone calls. Maybe give her some calls and talk to her about how you are feeling. I hope this passes soon and you are able to feel better. You did a good job supporting you and you will never forget it.

03/03/2012 04:13 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Good morning all,

I'm feeling better this morning, guess I'm just going through normal emotions. Its not depression so thats a good thing. Smile Now that I'm getting stable I need to be able to deal with every day ups & downs.

03/03/2012 04:38 AM
Jarhead75
Jarhead75Posts: 389
Group Leader

Keep pressing for the goal Rick.

03/03/2012 10:09 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Glad you're feeling better.

03/03/2012 01:40 PM
Perseverance
Perseverance  

I am glad you are feeling better too Rick Smile

03/03/2012 01:54 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks everyone Smile

My niece called today and shes feeling good and doing well. It was nice to hear from her, made my day! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved