MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/22/2012 06:33 AM

Psych doc Visit - 22 FEB 2012

angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

This doctor (its a training hospitals for doctors to complete their Psychology so i never see the same doc) that i saw asked me questions like do you hear voices, do you see stuff, since when have you been feeling this way, do you self harm. I do not hear voices see things and have been feeling this way for about 4 weeks, an no i dont cut, but the thought has crossed my mind when i get so depressed.So he writes this all down and then say he just needs to go talk to his superior, he comes back and say they can increase my meds but then i need to be admitted to the hospital.Iv never ever had to be admitted because of increase in meds in all the years iv been going there, and if i dont want to be admitted then he cant do anything and he will just write up a script for the next six months.What the hell?!He doesnt even ask me if I want to see a therapist or anything, i actually asked HIM if i cant see a therapist and to top it all off he asks ME if the hospitals have any therapists?! Of course they do iv been going there for years.In the past if a the doctor saw that i was depressed they would organize for me to see a therapist, alter my meds a bit and tell me to come back the next month to see if im better and NOT just write me a script for the next 6 months.

Just told him im not in need to be in hospital as im not suicidal and have not started SI, and am trying to control it.SO he said ok well here's your script for the next six months, took my details and told me a therapist will phone me to organize a session.Still havent heard from anyone at the hospital regarding therapy!!

02/22/2012 10:43 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hmmm. Well, they are in training I guess maybe they don't know how it works. Maybe the next doctor you can bring this up with and see what they say. I don't see why you would need to be admitted to the hospital if you aren't suicidal. I hope that they call you with a therapist that you can see very soon. I'm sorry you didn't get anything out of your session with him and he just wrote you a prescription. That's not right. I hope you are doing okay. Please don't injure yourself. I think a therapist would really help and I hope you get that call very soon.

02/22/2012 01:26 PM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

Thanks Joy guess i just needed to vent, was just shocked and frustrated with the response i got. i will however not hesitate to go back if i start feeling worse, and i will definitely NOT see someone like this again, and if i do i will ask for a second opinion or just tell him im not comfortable and would like to see another one of the doctors

02/22/2012 01:59 PM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I can't imagine how I would react in the same situation. What a jerk. I would definitely ask to see some other drs. It's a shame they pass patients around when we need stability. Please don't hurt yourself and know that you have a plan. Can you make another appointment soon with a different dr?

02/22/2012 02:24 PM
angelbaby28
angelbaby28  

Well today im feeling better, im actually talking a million words per second, no creative ideas tho,and im tired but not tired?slept 3 hours the previous night and last night 5 hours, tried lying down this afternoon and i was sleeping but not sleeping, could still hear everything around me but my mind was fuzzy and my body in a kind of strange numb state.my bodys sleeping but my mind not?oh dear dont think im making sense, past midnight allready but still cant move away from the pc.Let see how i feel next week this time, doubt that therapist is going to phone me in any case

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved