MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 01:35 PM

Finally Diagnosed today! Been put on depakote

Jods

Saw a pdoc today. Didnt seem to go that well. Told me i seem to well to be seen by them. Dizzy im just coming down from a high.

I have had to cope with my moods for so long i have learnt to control them. Have had counselling/cbt for the last year which as helped loads and put loads of thing in place to help.

Anyway said it sounds like rapid cycle bipolar they put me on 250mg depakote one morning and one at nite. Then he said he will add in a antidressant in, in about a month. Really didnt tell much about the meds just said she your doctor in a few day. So any one else on them???

02/20/2012 03:18 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Many people take depakote and it works very well for them. I myself did not like it. My mood was flat.

02/20/2012 08:01 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that they didn't seem to see you struggling. That's the bad part when you learn to control them. Let them show when you see them so you can get the help you need. Depakote works well for people I've talked to. It just depends on how your body reacts to the medication. Antidepressants are good for depression, but with bipolar you have to have a mood stabilizer or you could go manic. It's good that you are on Depakote, that is a mood stabilizer. I hope that you can feel better soon. We are here for you through this.

02/20/2012 09:34 PM
uplifted
upliftedPosts: 285

My pdoc always goes by the information im giving her. I can usually control my emotions very well (for short periods like the 1/2 hour visit)which is what i do. She trusts what im telling her. I can basically tell her that i have anxiaty and if i describe it to her accurately than she would give me medication for anxiaty. If i tell her i have servere mood change, even if during the visit i am calm, she would still treat me according to th information i gave her. Sometimes it bothers me because i cant trust her with that 100%

02/21/2012 04:06 AM
Jods

Thanks everyone. I can hide it for so long. I guess i hide it cos i dont want people to think in failing or im useless and cant cope.

Took it last nite, had a funny nite sleep felt like im light, my mind floating. No heavy anymore. If that makes sense??

Fill normal in a strange way. Xxx

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved