MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2012 07:52 PM

Dread doing everything? Anyone else?(page 3)

JenniferJen4
JenniferJen4  

Its really hard my apartment is a mess what I do is get a big garbage bag and pick up all the laundry and just get going, I do this because if I don't I know there will be no clean clothes for my son or me or my husband. It is very hard, but I usually stare at it all over the floor and think "what will happen if I leave it here" and I know I will be in trouble when I have to send my son to school what will he have to wear. I just pushed myself last week to take off all the bedding and wash it. Its hard, but some things we have to do because if we dont we will feel worse. If all else fails and u happen to have some extra cash get a cleaning lady its so worth it to get going again.

02/20/2012 10:00 PM
Analogdog
Analogdog  

Jeez, the house is a mess, the gardens are a mess, everything is a mess. And I am responsible as the stay at home dad for it all. One year ago, the house was clean, the gardens cleaned up and weeded. I wish I could get it all together and clean it up, but Ijust sit around in the squalor and do nothing. About all I do is the laundry. What can I say.

02/21/2012 07:27 AM
highandlow
highandlow  

Well, you do more than I do. I cant seem to get anything done but thinking. Thats all I seem to do. Spending time wandering around inside my mind. And I'm so tired all of the time. I just want to bury my self in the bed and never come out. Why is that? It is comforting however to hear you all's testimonies of feeling the same way about certain things. It makes me feel that I'm not so worthless afterall and that other people go through the same things. Just like right now...I want to sleep. I want some good drooling snoring sleep right in the middle of the day. That's not right. Is it???

02/21/2012 07:51 AM
getfitwithjohn

all depends on the day hour and week. even before i was diagnosed i started to write lists.a simple task but it has been good for me.as long as i get through at least one thing on the list i feel accomplished. it could be as simple as brushing my teeth or returning/making a phone call.

its four years after my darkest days, the one where I was actually jealous of anyone and everyone who had an obituary. It was so dark I just wanted the world to stop and swallow me up. With med adjustments and my silly lists life has gotten better.

I had always been a stay at home dad and care giver for both my in laws until there death. The mania all those years kept me going I crashed when my mother in law died and my child got ready for college.

Brighter days and productive days are here again, there is hope for us all. I voluteer for the state, my temple and am able to care for the house cook every day but my pdoc believes I am not ready for work now possibly never.

in the mean time i am thankful for the good days and have learned to accept the bad and respect the limits each of those days present.

02/22/2012 02:59 AM
zoominsab
zoominsab  

Yes I do, actually I am doing it right now. I've been desperately looking for help the past two days, because I know where this is going. I'm on meds which actually work really well, but I still can't help myself. It feels as if anything goes wrong just a small thing, like somebody reacting weard toward me or my internet connection going slow, my whole world will break down. Why is this such a struggle. I can't face the world, I would love to just be a faceless being with no responsibility, but there's so much to do And I just can't. I'm stuck to my pc screen wtching silly movies/series. But who am I kidding I am doing smth. My psychologist once made me laugh with this when I was saying exactly the same thing, namely, I'm powerless and can't do anything. She said, you're doing smth,you are here and you can still control if you piss or not, or have you pissed in your pants jet???

Sorry for the language, but guys I guess its true, if we think we're not in control anymore we should look at the things we are in control of.

who knows maybe it'll help t some point.

kind regards

Man, just hope you'll do better!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved