MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/09/2012 01:25 PM

hey everyone

gplatttt

Im going through the worst of bi polar type 2, im 19 and want to start living my life but i cant, ive recently got the diagnosis, a couple months ago, ive known my whole life something wasnt right, im out of school, out of work now, im just in a lot of pain trying to get my mood stable, im taking seroquel xr 300mg a night, it sucks because i just want to be stable already, ive never really felt like i was normal..never had a chance to build my confidence or had a chance to become whole individual, i need to know if theres anyone out there with the same thing who can help me get through this

01/10/2012 12:38 AM
cpdealer
cpdealer  

There are alot of great people here who will definalty help you get through this. I just recently joined and they are a wealth of information. knowledge, and support. I understand about the wanting to be stable thing. I went along time with the wrong diagnosis so I feel like I have been trying to get better forever. I also am not working like you which makes things hard because you don't feel like you have a purpose in life. Coming on here helps me though when I am having a hard time. Reading the posts of others....seeing I am not alone or weird maybe it will help you too. I hope your meds work for you and you get the stability you crave soon Smile

01/10/2012 04:38 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

It sounds like you might need another med to help you be stable like a mood stabilizer (ie lamictal, lithium, deprakote, or others) or you might (also) need an antidepressant. It's really a conversation to have with your pdoc and you need to tell him how you feel. It's so hard to be on the med-go-round and have patience to see if certain meds work or not. I journal a lot to help me express how I feel and to record discussions I have had with my pdoc and tdoc. I also chart my moods, which also helps, so I know my ups and downs. I can print it out and show my pdoc how I have been feeling. It really helps him to make better decisions with me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved