MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/05/2012 12:45 AM

Going back to Lithium

RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Its been 24 hours since I wore my last patch and I can honestly say that in spite of having bronchitis & a sinus infection I actually feel better. Emsam has an 18-24hr half life which means 1/2 of the med is still in my body. I was a mess last night, very emotional & feeling depressed. I slept 5 hours which is good for me, on the patch it was 2-3 hours a night max. I was also started on Lithium carbonate ER 1200mg a day about a week and a half ago and I noticed a difference in my mood on the second day.

I find out my Lithium levels today which I think will be good, they were the last time I was on it. That being said, I hope my pdoc will agree that Lithium is better than the patch for me.

01/05/2012 01:10 AM
sparklehorse

Good luck. You definitely deserve to catch a break here Rick. I'm also observing your trial with lithium. I'm thinking it's what I mightvwant to add on, too.

Best wishes!

01/05/2012 05:30 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

You did well on lithium before, so hopefully your doctor remembers that. I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better.

01/05/2012 12:46 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Thanks Smile so far its been 30 hours without the patch and I feel much better. I do think the Lithium is the way to go.

01/05/2012 03:51 PM
sparklehorse

Smile way to go Rick.

01/05/2012 04:40 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
VIP Member

Glad you are feeling better.

01/06/2012 11:23 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Not sure if I'm ready to go back & join the work force, see what my pdoc thinks when I see her today.

I got a sinus infection & bronchitis right now, just started antibiotics yesterday. Can't take any decongestants because of the patch, have to wait 14 days after I stopped to take anything like that.

So I just got to tough it out for now.

01/08/2012 12:28 PM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

Ick. What a pain in the butt. I hope you can manage to work through the sickness. Maybe your boss will give you a few more days off?

01/08/2012 01:53 PM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

my pdoc already toke me out of work for the week. Didn't want me going in sick as as just going through a med change. I don't think my boss will be too happy about it but I can be working on computers coughing up stuff and sneezing all over the place. Not good for business. Its not like I want to stay out, heck I don't even get paid for being sick I ran out of sick time a week ago. @_@ worry about that bridge when it gets here.

01/09/2012 05:36 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I hope you feel better soon! I'm sorry to hear about your sick time. I ran out of mine months ago, so I'm in the same situation as you - I don't get paid. I'm crossing my fingers that your boss continues to be understanding.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved