MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/01/2012 02:39 AM

ltom
ltom  

"New year new start" or so they say...

The fact that there is a different number at the end of the date doesn't mean anything to me. I'm still going to be the same person with the same goals, having good days and bad. I can form a new goal in the beginning of a year as well as I can in the middle of a year. Of course I hope things are different this year but I'm not going to kid myself a new year does not mean a new start all my problems are coming with me ... plus one because I just got a speeding ticket. :/

Also, why do people celebrate by drinking? A hangover seems like a horrible way to start a "fabulous" new year.

Not to be a downer it's just how I feel right now.

Opinions?

01/01/2012 02:51 AM
mem4809

I hardly acknowledge New Years as I am always trying to set new goals. And I agree, it's just another day and we have the same issues. I try to be optimistic but it's hard right now as I am dealing with so much.

01/02/2012 12:06 PM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

I'm right there with you both. I don't feel like it's being a downer, though. It's just a different perspective. I don't drink any more, but when I did, I found it as an excuse to party. Everyone might not feel that way, but that was just me. It's just a day and usually we have family visit. I don't set any lofty goals or anything like that. I'm always setting small goals in therapy, so I'll continue to do that. They change as I change.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved