MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/21/2011 06:16 PM

abilify not working for me at all its horrible

TenaceFemme
TenaceFemme  

Coming off geodon abilify has dine nothing but make me uncomfortable and manic and on the way to fat. I had high hopes for this drug. That maybe I wouldn't have to take geodon and I could feel real feelings. Nope....

11/21/2011 06:44 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That stinks that it's not working for you. I take it and it works great keeping my hypo-mania under control. I'm sorry that you are struggling with this. Talk to your doctor and tell him what you are feeling. You'll have to try a different medication, but don't give up on them. You just haven't found your right mix. It's out there, it's just taking some time. I hope you feel better soon. We are all here for you. Hugs.

11/21/2011 08:35 PM
Analogdog
Analogdog  

If it does nothing, feel thankful. It made me catatonic which was really twisted.

11/22/2011 02:03 AM
skeptical
skeptical  

Even a low dose of 5mg affected me at first, and in opposite ways. When I started it, I slept for 16 hours straight the first day. Then, it made me more hypomanic-y and anxious. Now it seems to have evened out, but I definitely blame abilify for my most recent weight gain. Most people will say it is not a weight gainer, but it is! Once you find the right dose and you are more used to it, it may work better for you. Otherwise, maybe it just isn't the right drug for you. Med shopping is the worst. Hang in there.

11/22/2011 02:28 AM
mem4809

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. I hope things turn around soon. It's so disappointing when a new drug doesn't work.

Thinking of you,

Janna

11/22/2011 06:24 AM
InvisibleMe
InvisibleMe  

It's hard to be on the med-go-round. It's very difficult and you definitely need to keep in close contact with your pdoc. Don't wait until your appointment - call him/her. We're here to support you.

11/22/2011 07:33 AM
Tigerlily57

Abilify did not work for me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved