MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/24/2011 12:04 PM

bipolar II and menopause

bewildered13
bewildered13  

Any other older female bp'ers out there struggling with menopause right now?

My moods are completely out of whack! I go to my gynecologist tomorrow and I've talked to her about my moodiness before and she pretty much dismisses it. I'm now 48 and my periods are much worse than they were when I was younger. I cramp more, my moodiness is HORRIBLE, weeping and all that goes with it. With this new diagnosis of BPII I don't know how much to attribute to which thing.

Any input anyone?

10/25/2011 06:15 AM
bewildered13
bewildered13  

Thanks for the response MissHildy. I've been told that menopause can last up to 10 years. I think I've already put in two and I'm hoping mine will not last that long. My appointment with my gynecologist is this afternoon so maybe she won't dismiss me so quickly today. I plan to state my case with real conviction today.

10/25/2011 10:02 AM
keri77
keri77  

I have not started menopause yet,but i have had postpartum really bad.I have very bad pms!I am not looking forward to menopause,i think im gonna have a hard time.Anything to do with my hormones,whacks me out!

10/25/2011 07:53 PM
bewildered13
bewildered13  

Well I can tell you it's no fun but my appointment with my gynecologist today went better than expected. She was much more conversational today and actually seemed sincere while I was asking her questions. She asked me to ask my psych next week if there would be any reason I couldn't take some xanax while I'm experiencing the horrible crying spells I have. She said that might take the "edge" off during that time and I'm all for taking the edge off! Wink She also told me about some natural herbal remedies for the hot flashes. I will be looking for them soon. Now if I could just figure out how to keep my night sweats at a minimum! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved